Best Carpet Maintenance Practices
Properly cleaning your carpets on a regular basis keeps them in better shape, ensuring a long lifespan. However, there are different maintenance priorities for high-traffic areas. For thorough cleaning, you’ll want to tackle these areas using the best canister vacuum for carpet. Keep your carpet clean and well-maintained with these easy cleaning tips.
Carpets require regular vacuuming to protect the fibers from dust and dirt. Aim to vacuum high-traffic areas twice each week, especially if you have kids or pets. The low-profile design of the ZeroG Weightless Vac allows for easy maneuvering under and around furniture. Never miss a spot with edge-cleaning boosters that provide an exceptional deep-clean all the way to the carpet’s edge.
Don’t neglect your hardwood and tile floors. These surfaces require less maintenance, so vacuum them once a week.
You may have specific spots or spills that require a different type of cleaning. For dark liquid spills or muddy footprints, try a pour and suction extraction method. Fill a cup with cold tap water and gently pour a small amount of water over the stain. Use your ZeroG Vac to suction the area; the self-adjusting base will automatically adjust to the thickness of your carpet. Repeat these steps until the water runs completely clear.
If you decide to use a cleaning product instead of water, make sure to test a spot of the carpet before using the cleaner. Some cleaners can strip, bleed, or fade color from carpets.
Other Tips for Carpet Maintenance
Avoid damage to your carpet by following these simple tips:
- Dry the carpet completely if spills occur or if using a wet cleaning or stain extraction method. Place a fan near the area or suction wet areas with a clean vacuum for best results.
- Rinse the carpet completely after using a cleaner or shampoo. If the carpet isn’t properly rinsed, more dirt or dust could stick to this area.
- Use a high-powered canister vacuum like the ZeroG Weightless Vac to suction pet dander and hair.
- Decrease microbial growth and humidity in your home by placing a dehumidifier near problem areas.
When it comes to carpet maintenance, the ZeroG Weightless Vac is first in its class for a lightweight, high-powered canister vacuum. Not only will this vacuum maintain your carpet’s quality, its durability, and compact storage capabilities make it an ideal cleaning tool for your entire home. Keep every area of your living space spotless with high-performance power brushes and a half gallon of dirt capacity.
- 10 Ways To Preserve Your Carpet’s Beautiful Design
- How To Find Affordable Carpet Cleaning
- How To Keep Your Carpet Clean