It is very important to know the current trends in the job market, especially if you are looking for a good career path to nurture your skills and grow in the same.
For many students, a college degree puts you on the direct path to a certain career such as journalist, police, doctor, or teacher. Meanwhile, there are some individuals for whom the future isn’t as clear-cut.
The most demanded careers in the industry have the most anticipated growth rates for the next five years. However, before pursuing any career path, you must possess the required skills and knowledge to be a good fit for the job.
- 1 Top 32 Good Career Paths That Pay Well – [2022 Updated]
- 1.1 1. Finance Consumer Services Career Path
- 1.2 2. Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores Career Path
- 1.3 3. Packaged Foods Career Path
- 1.4 4. Electric Utilities Central Career Path
- 1.5 5. Business Services Career Path
- 1.6 6. Hotels/Resorts Career Path
- 1.7 7. Other Consumer Services Career Path
- 1.8 8. Public Utilities Career Path
- 1.9 9. Energy Career Path
- 1.10 10. Basic Industries Career Path
- 1.11 11. Precious Metals Career Path
- 1.12 12. Oil & Gas Production Career Path
- 1.13 13. Capital Goods Career Path
- 1.14 14. Consumer Durables Career Path
- 1.15 15. Industrial Machinery Components Career Path
- 1.16 16. Technology Career Path
- 1.17 17. Metal Fabrications Career Path
- 1.18 18. Investment Managers Career Path
- 1.19 19. Commercial Banks Career Path
- 1.20 20. Major Pharmaceuticals Career Path
- 1.21 21. Home Furnishings Career Path
- 1.22 22. Homebuilding Career Path
- 1.23 23. Telecommunications Career Path
- 1.24 24. Quality Assurance Career Path
- 1.25 25. Major Banks Career Path
- 1.26 26. Photography Career Path
- 1.27 27. Auto Parts O.E.M Career Path
- 1.28 28. Steel/Iron Ore Career Path
- 1.29 29. Medical/Dental Instruments Career Path
- 1.30 30. Medical Assistance Career Path
- 1.31 31 Computer Software Prepackaged Software Career Path
- 1.32 32. Consumer Non-Durables Career Path
- 1.33 The Final Thoughts
Top 32 Good Career Paths That Pay Well – [2022 Updated]
There may be several highest paying careers, but they should interest you and you must have the required skill sets and abilities to pursue the same. Besides, some career paths consist of lots of risks and responsibilities that you need to consider beforehand.
So, let’s discuss the list of best career paths that pay well and have a rewarding future.
1. Finance Consumer Services Career Path
Finance Consumer Services can be a good career option for you if you have an interest in finance. However, just keep in mind that to pursue this career, you must have certain skill sets: Data handling skills, Accounting Knowledge, Communication skills, etc.
2. Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores Career Path
Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores is another good career path in 2022. For this job, you don’t require any particular graduation degree like other jobs. However, the core skill sets are excellent communication skills and customer handling abilities.
3. Packaged Foods Career Path
Packaged Foods can be one of the most interesting career paths this year because there are several types of jobs available in this sector including Product Tester, Compliance Manager, Packaging Buyer, Package Designer, etc.
4. Electric Utilities Central Career Path
Electric Utilities Central Path is a sector where Scientists and Engineers play an important role. However, in this path, there is a high risk because the workplaces in this area are considered to be very dangerous.
5. Business Services Career Path
Business Services career path is also a good option for you because this profession is regarded as the most flexible category of employment with many work opportunities. Some entry-level jobs in this sector include Sales Representatives, Assistant Buyers, Financial Analysts, and Operations Research Analysts, etc.
6. Hotels/Resorts Career Path
Hotels/resorts’ career paths can be very interesting and rewarding because there are several opportunities available here to grow quickly. Here, you will find lots of diverse options and flexible working hours that you will love for sure!
7. Other Consumer Services Career Path
Other Consumer Services enable you to work on several technologies and boost up your overall job skills. The best part about this career path is that there are huge opportunities available and you can grow quickly here.
8. Public Utilities Career Path
Public Utilities career path maintains the infrastructure for public services. They fulfill the basic needs of the public and provide various kinds of services. This can be a great career path if you are looking for long-term benefits and high rewards.
9. Energy Career Path
The energy career path is also a very fulfilling career option because there are many best paying jobs in this sector. By working in this sector, you need to focus on creating energy efficiency and minimizing the energy consumption level to a great extent.
10. Basic Industries Career Path
Basic Industries career path is a sector that is accountable for transforming raw materials and creating semi-furnished goods. The top characteristics in this career path are semi-furnished goods, high-quality staff, significant investments, etc.
11. Precious Metals Career Path
Precious Metals career path is also a rewarding career path for you in the long run. The precious metals here can be anything such as gold, silver, diamond, platinum, etc. You just need to make sure that the metals are in stable growth and have good returns in the future.
12. Oil & Gas Production Career Path
The oil & Gas Production career path is an innovative place to work in. Some of the best areas in this sector include Project Engineer, Logistics Analyst, Financial Analyst, Human Resource, Geologist, Oil & Gas Attorney, etc.
13. Capital Goods Career Path
Individuals working Capital Goods focus on increasing the long-term productive capacity of the economy. This career path can simplify your living standards in the future and there is a massive opportunity in this industry.
14. Consumer Durables Career Path
‘Consumer Durables’ career path is rewarding as it operates at 100% production capacity. Some of the top rewarding jobs in this sector include Events Manager, Product Development Manager, Sales Operations Specialists, Category Manager, etc.
15. Industrial Machinery Components Career Path
Individuals working in Industrial Machinery Components are accountable for repairing and maintaining firm machines. They provide machinery, equipment, and control solutions for industrial infrastructure and energy.
16. Technology Career Path
Technology is expected to grow rapidly in the coming future, and the available jobs in this sector are excellent. You can get quick employment opportunities even without a college degree. Isn’t it great?
17. Metal Fabrications Career Path
Metal Fabrications is the production of metal structures by cutting, bending, and assembling. This career path is a kind of very responsible job, and you need to manage your time efficiently here.
18. Investment Managers Career Path
Investment Managers are paid high from scratch. Besides, those who are talented and qualified can get more opportunities and rewards in this industry. Moreover, this career path is very satisfying and rewarding.
19. Commercial Banks Career Path
Commercial Banks has been providing clients with credit products such as term loans, syndicated services, cash management services, fixed income products, etc. Moreover, this has been divided into two categories such as primary and secondary services.
20. Major Pharmaceuticals Career Path
Major Pharmaceuticals has various degree programs. In this sector, the Sales Representatives make the most revenue, and this can be the best choice for those who are looking for a bright future.
21. Home Furnishings Career Path
Home Furnishings can be a good career path for you if you are interested in the construction sector. This industry has lots of opportunities at present, and you can consider this to improve your skills and knowledge.
22. Homebuilding Career Path
The homebuilding industry alone has more than 80k job opportunities and the career is expected to grow by 8%. Some of the top-paying jobs here are Construction Manager, Interior Designer, Architect, Carpenter, Roofer, Electrician, etc.
23. Telecommunications Career Path
The telecommunication industry is also very booming. Individuals working in this sector require job training that lasts for a few weeks or sometimes extends to a few months. They attach cables and wires to appliances.
24. Quality Assurance Career Path
Quality Assurance individuals make sure that the quality of the products or services is delivered as expected. They are hugely responsible for the food’s quality if they are working in the food industry.
25. Major Banks Career Path
If you are interested in the banking sector, then major banks can be a top career option for you in the long run. Banking sectors are loved by many people because the skills required in banking can be useful in other sectors too.
26. Photography Career Path
The photography career path can be rewarding for those who are really passionate about their aim. Wedding photographers, Lifestyle Photographers, Fashion Photographers, Freelance Photographers, Advertising Photographers, etc.
27. Auto Parts O.E.M Career Path
Auto Parts O.E.M’s career path is also a great one to pursue in 2021. This career path is referred to as Original Equipment Manufacturer, which means that the parts are created by the same company that makes the vehicle.
28. Steel/Iron Ore Career Path
The steel/Iron Ore’s career path is also rewarding and worth considering in 2022. This career path is the backbone of the global economy and has the highest demand and value at present.
29. Medical/Dental Instruments Career Path
Medical/Dental Instruments career path helps you to save patients’ lives by carrying out procedures that remove pain and prevent future problems. The best benefit of this career path is that you can open your own clinic in the future.
30. Medical Assistance Career Path
Medical Assistance is one of the most rewarding career paths in the healthcare industry. You can work in this sector, and the skills required can be utilized in other sectors as well.
31 Computer Software Prepackaged Software Career Path
Computer Software Prepackaged Software career path is a fulfilling career because the salary structure is very good. So, if you are interested in the computer industry, you can pursue this career path.
32. Consumer Non-Durables Career Path
Consumer Non-durables career path is a favorite choice of many individuals because the employees are paid high due to high demand. These goods are easily consumed in one use or have a life span of fewer than three years.
The Final Thoughts
A career path that pays well will make you live a comfortable life without any worries. At the same time, you can achieve your long-term financial goals like buying a home, starting your own business, or anything else that is important for you. Thus, the above listed are the top 32 career paths that pay well and have a bright future in the long run.