If you are planning to buy the right vacuum cleaner, it is quite possible that you could have a tough job at hand. This is because of various models and makes which are available in the marketplace. This makes the job tough, and without the right knowledge and information, quite often we end up making the wrong choice. Hence, in this article, we will talk about the various important points to be kept in mind when it comes to buying these vacuum cleaners. We are sure it will throw some light on those who are not fully about such details. With so many models like Shark IONFlex IF205 and other models being available in the market, your job does not become any easier. We are sure that the details which we have mentioned below could be helpful for those who are struggling to make up their minds when being in the market to buy their loved vacuum cleaners.
Understand The Types Of Vacuum Cleaners:
While choosing the right vacuum cleaner for your home, you must have a decent idea about the types of vacuum cleaners. Though there are secondary vacuum cleaners including car vacuums, handheld vacuums, dry/wet vacuums; there are actually only two major categories that you could choose from. These include canisters and uprights.
Upright Vs. Canisters:
Upright vacuum cleaners have traditionally been liked by most users in Great Britain and the USA. However, in other parts of the world and in Europe, canisters are considered a better choice. Uprights also come with a revolving brush roll, and this provides the required agitation for thorough cleaning. Further, they also have a motor that is suitable for giving the right suction power. A few come with two motors, one provides suction and the other one to drive the brush. Hence whether you are buying Shark IF205 or some other models, you have to keep these points in mind.
However, canisters are considered more versatile when compared to upright ones. They are known for their excellent performance, especially on smooth floors and carpets. Further, when it comes to cleaning surfaces above the floors, they are often considered the best. They also come with some cleaning tools and accessories (including wand and hose). This makes them more maneuverable when compared to upright. They can easily get into tight spaces and furniture which perhaps upright makes and models will not be able to reach.
Bagless Or Bag – Which To Choose:
There is another major difference when it comes to choosing vacuum cleaners. It is to decide between bagless ones or vacuum cleaners with bags. This again is a matter of personal preference. However, if you have family members suffering from asthma or allergies and if you are keen on the quality of indoor air, it would be better to go in for a bagged vacuum cleaner, though it might cost a bit more. This does not mean that bagless vacuum cleaners are bad. The good brands and models perform extremely well, but as mentioned above, those suffering from breathing and skin allergies often preferred bagged variants.
Points To Consider When Choosing Vacuum Cleaners:
Now that we have some basic idea about canister, upright, bagged and bagless vacuum cleaners, here are some points to be considered when it comes to choosing the right vacuum cleaners.
- The area to be covered and the surfaces to be cleaned. These are two important points to be taken into account when you decide to buy the right vacuum cleaner. If the area to be cleaned is quite big, then it would be better to go in for a canister vacuum with a large cord and wand. This will help you to reach the entire area with ease, and you can also easily move around the vacuum cleaner.
- Ease of use is another important point to be taken into account when it comes to buying the right vacuum cleaner. You should not struggle with the vacuum cleaner and must be able to do the job easily.
- The filter is another important thing to be considered when you are buying a vacuum cleaner. It should ideally have a HEPA filter which will ensure removal of even the tiniest of dust particles and microorganisms.
- Finally, the price, of course, is a parameter, but when negotiating price, the quality of the vacuum cleaner must not be overlooked.
- Benefits Of Having A Cordless Vacuum Cleaner At Home
- Best-Corded Vacuum Cleaner