Having a baby is the greatest gift any couple or parent can ever wish for, but as they grow and start to teeth, the problems start. Teething is tough on both mom and baby, and like all the different stages that babies go through, they come, and well, they go. However, teething can cause your baby, sleepless nights and have you so confused that you are willing to try anything to ease your baby’s pain and ache caused by sore and itchy gums.
If you have been searching for an organic and natural method to ease your baby’s pain, you are in luck. The Amber teething necklace at first glance looks like any other necklace, and not like your teething necklace. They are made out of real amber and parents that have tried it, swear that not only did it ease their baby’s distress, but they slept soundly, and were easier to be controlled. This unconventional method is being resented by many as being unsafe for the babies.
- 1 Health Benefit of the Amber Teething Necklace
- 2 The Origin of the Baltic Amber and its Qualities
- 3 What is Succinic Acid?
- 4 Does the Amber Teething Necklace work and how
- 5 Can my baby chew on it?
- 6 When can I start using the Amber Teething Necklace for my baby?
- 7 How is the Amber Teething Necklace used?
- 8 How to recognize Real Amber Teething Necklace?
- 9 How to care for the Amber Teething Necklace
- 10 Where can I buy the Amber Teething Necklace?
- 11 Is the Amber Teething Necklace Safe for Babies?
Health Benefit of the Amber Teething Necklace
Myth or miracle, the Amber teething necklace does more than relieve your baby of their teething problems. Other confirmed benefits of the necklace include:
- Controlling pains due to rheumatism
- Joints and muscle pain
- Inflammation and general body pain
- Reduces stress and calm anxious nerves
- Relieve fatigue and tiredness
Some users of the amber teething necklace also claim that it balances their emotion, balances the yin and yang, and even offers spiritual protection against negative energy. Furthermore, doctors recommend using amber as a remedy for heart diseases, convulsion, ulcers, diseases of the lungs and kidneys, cough, joint stiffness, and prevents hyperpigmentation too.
The Origin of the Baltic Amber and its Qualities
The Amber that used in making the necklace come from fossilized resin of conifer trees that grow in the cold regions of the Baltic and is claimed to have pain-relieving properties and remedy for centuries. The amber contains a chemical called Succinic acid and is believed to create a tingly sensation that alleviates the teething pain in babies.
What is Succinic Acid?
This is a naturally existing compound that is found in the human body and has an alkaline pH like lemon. Although it is alkalinizing, it doesn’t add to the body’s acidity level. In fact, a study shows that it actually lowers it. The compound is also approved by the US food and drug administration as a dietary supplement and food additive. So the Amber teething necklace is really pieces of amber resin that are strung together and placed on a baby. They serve two purposes – beautify your baby and ease their teething problems.
Does the Amber Teething Necklace work and how
Throughout history, the medicinal property of amber as a natural remedy for reducing pain and inflammation has given it the status of an organic teething item for babies. When worn on the body, the body heat causes the amber to releases soothing oil that calms and relaxes the body. Customers have used the Baltic amber as an alternative treatment for headaches, arthritis, pain resulting from inflammation and general body pain.
Can my baby chew on it?
Even though it is certified safe by the FDA, the amber teething necklace is not meant to be chewed or nibbled on by the child or anyone else.
When can I start using the Amber Teething Necklace for my baby?
The amber teething necklace can be worn for babies from the ages of 2 months until three years. It is a living thing and will continue to release its soothing property with proper care.
How is the Amber Teething Necklace used?
- The strung beads fastened around the baby’s neck. It shouldn’t be too loose for the baby to put it in their mouth or too tight to cause strangulation or choking.
- Some babies don’t bother about it if your baby can’t seem to let go; just allow them to get used to it gradually with proper supervision
- For safety, remove the necklace at bedtime
- Unless your child is grown and understands the importance of the necklace, never leave a kid unsupervised with the amber teething necklace on
- Allow the amber to release its magical powers and ease your babies teething problems.
How to recognize Real Amber Teething Necklace?
To enjoy the medicinal property of the Baltic amber, make sure that you purchase the raw, unprocessed, and genuine amber. To ascertain if you have purchased the real Baltic amber, try these tests.
- Put a piece of amber near a hot surface or flame. If you smell a hint of pine from the releases oils, it is real
- Rub the amber teething necklace against a piece of cloth; it generates enough static electricity to pick up a piece of paper. You have surely gotten high-quality, original Baltic amber.
- Drop a piece of amber into a solution of one part salt and two-part water; real amber floats while a fake one sinks.
How to care for the Amber Teething Necklace
Gently wash the necklace with mild soap and cloth, dry under the sun for the heat to reactivate the oils. Your child can bathe with the necklace, but the jewelry should be kept from chlorinated water as it changes the ionic qualities of the resins.
Where can I buy the Amber Teething Necklace?
This piece of jewelry is available online and even so in Europe and New Zealand. However, you can check on most online baby stores and on Amazon.
Is the Amber Teething Necklace Safe for Babies?
Though it helps babies get over their teething pains, child experts don’t think it is not the right tool to help teething babies. Parents can use plastics or teething toys or a natural method like frozen teething toys or prescribed drugs.
Whatever your beliefs regarding the amber teething necklace are, it is worth trying to break the myths, or you can buy them because they are the perfect necklace, and they look cute on your baby. Moreover, the amber jewels are also suitable for adults too with their anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and other health properties.
Read Also :