As the world’s need for more buildings, infrastructure, shopping centers, and energy multiply, the construction industry is trying to step up its performance. In other words, in the last few decades, construction has emerged as one of the key drivers of the economy, providing employment and livelihood to millions.
However, the construction industry has been plagued by a lot of problems. Scholars, activists, and legal experts have pointed out that the construction industry suffers from-
- Poor payment to the workers
- Hazardous working conditions
- No Injury or Life Insurance
- Unregulated Working Conditions
- Illegal Occupation of Workers
In this article, we are going to shed light on one key aspect of the industry- the need for personal injury lawyers and law firms to help defend the rights of the workers.
- 1 Why Construction Sites Are Dangerous And Accident Prone?
- 2 5 Things To Check Before You Hire A Construction Site Accident Law Firm
- 3 The Final Word
Why Construction Sites Are Dangerous And Accident Prone?
If you have ever been to a construction site, the first thing that you are likely going to notice is the huge machines.
- Cranes, trucks, dumpers, forklifts, drillers, etc. are all big, mechanical, and heavy. The slightest error can lead to multiple injuries or even death.
- Accidents at construction sites are very common. Given the serious nature of the injuries that can be sustained at construction sites, expensive medical bills are a given.
- Many workers are under the impression that their injuries can be covered by workers’ Construction companies hire workers that have dubious legal status.
- This means that even if they are injured at the construction site, they would not be able to push for a lawsuit or claim compensation.
- This leads to a lot of exploitation and the promotion of unsafe working conditions at construction sites.
- Workers’ compensation is always designed in a way that protects the business and puts the workers at the sympathy of minimal settlements and poor claims redressal.
All the above six points make construction sites a very dangerous place to work. In the following section, we are going to look at how you can select the best construction site accident law firm.
5 Things To Check Before You Hire A Construction Site Accident Law Firm
1. Years Of Experience
Fighting a case against a big construction company is no easy feat. In fact. Construction companies employ some of the best lawyers on their team. This is why you need to hire a construction accident law firm that has good years of experience. Experience both in matters of settlements as well as in terms of the time spent during Court Trials in front of a judge.
2. Success Rate and Compensation Secured
If the construction accident law firm has several years of experience under its belt, it will have some record numbers to show. The best law firms that specialize in such cases can boast of generating settlements worth billions of dollars for their clients. Pick an attorney that has a success rate of over 75% in all his or her injury cases.
3. Dealing With Various Stakeholders
If you have suffered an injury at a construction site, you would be requiring immediate medical attention. A good construction site accident lawyer deals with everyone from the hospital to the insurance authorities and the opposing party. This is essential as timely intervention can be the only thing that can help get compensation and allow for complete medical recovery.
4. Great At Networking With The Authorities
As we have already pointed out, construction companies are million-dollar entities that employ some of the best attorneys. This is why you need legal counsel that is great at networking with legal representatives, court officials, public prosecutors, and the police. This kind of networking can prove to be invaluable when it comes to winning such cases.
5. Good At Evidence Gathering
A lot depends on collecting and presenting the right kind of evidence when building a case. This is why the best construction accident law firms work with their private investigators to collect evidence. In most situations, the task of collecting evidence can be a very difficult one. A lot of skill, expertise, and discipline is required in the face of adversity.
The Final Word
By following all the above points as mentioned in the article, you will be able to ensure that you can get the best construction site accident lawyer for your case. As compared to other kinds of personal injury lawsuits, construction accidents tend to be far more serious. If you would like us to share more information on the same, let us know in the comments section below. We will request our experts to answer as many of them as possible.
- 6 Reasons you need a Divorce Lawyer
- Tips To Choose The Best Lawyer In Your Country
- 5 Tips To Help You Choose The Best Car Accident Lawyers In 2021