Linksys Vs Netgear: Quality Vs Features
Gone are the days when internet access was a luxury. These days it’s a basic need at home, in school, and in the workplace. We need the internet for entertainment, research, and communication.
When thinking of the best home networking solution, you have to consider Linksys and Netgear. These two wireless routers are the best there is on the market today. They both guarantee first and uninterrupted internet connections and the freedom to connect several devices. This makes it hard for one to choose between them.
Let’s look at what they have in common before we can look at their slim differences.
The Common Features:
These two devices are built to deliver the same networking solutions at home. They have these features in common:
- Smart Home Integration Both routers allow the integration of Alexa, a smart home app. They employ Multiple Input-Multiple Output (MIMO) technology that allows you to connect several devices at home and control them using the app.
- Speed The effectiveness of a router is often judged by its speed. Both routers are designed to facilitate faster internet connection (up to 3.2 Gbps) and reliability. Using the MIMO technology, the devices are able to allow everyone connected to continuously access the internet uninterrupted and at a fast pace.
- Heavy Traffic Applications: It should be expected that a wireless router will not work that fast when several devices are connected. Nonetheless, these two routers are designed to prevent this from happening. They act differently to eliminate the challenge. Netgear comes with high-quality amplifiers which allow it to maximize its range when many people are connected to it. You are also able to monitor the speed of the router using your smartphone, tablet or PC. As for Linksys, it comes with a quality dual processor that enables the router to overcome internet slowness when the traffic is heavy.
Which One Should You Go For?
Clearly, you cannot pick any of the two routers based on their speed, heavy-duty performance, and integration abilities. For more in-depth reviews, you can search for Netgear or Linksys reviews. However, you can make your decision based on their differences:
- Connectivity: Linksys is designed to allow you to connect external devices fast and conveniently. It allows you to connect 3.0 and 2.0 USB compatible devices and to share information 10 times faster than how you do over Netgear. Netgear also allows you to connect 3.0 and 2.0 USB devices but they have to be programmed. This slows the speed at which you share information via the connected devices.
- Open-Source Security: Linksys has an open source feature that allows you to set up a customized VPN and a secured hotspot for all your devices. You can set the security features using the Linksys Wi-Fi app.
- Configuration: Netgear enjoys advanced configuration and parental control. It also comes with a Cloud App that you can use to control the router. The configuration features are lacking in the Linksys.
With the price aside, there isn’t much to separate Linksys form Netgear. Both are able to deliver great home internet solutions and they do it at a fast speed. So, the choice is primarily based on taste rather than performance. Regardless of whatever router you go for, you are guaranteed the best internet connections at home.
- How The IoT Rocked The World Of Networking & Telecommunication
- The Business Networking Benefits Of Co-Working Spaces