Tips to an Adjusting and Fitting Bi-Fold Doors
When it comes to bi-fold doors, a lot of people prefer using their own handyman skills instead of hiring one. The thing is that though you can easily fix up a problem like adjusting the height or making the door a bit less creaky using your skills, it is not really possible for everyone to actually install the entire door themselves. In this reference, you should remember that though you actually try to save up a bit on the cost of the door, you purposely cause yourself more harm because if the door is not set right, it might just crash causing injuries and damage.
- Remember that an average price of the bi-fold doors can be in between $50 to $150. And if you actually hire someone for this purpose, you can pay a similar amount for the installation. So, it is tempting to implement the entire process yourself. But the problem is that if you go wrong here, then it could just cause more damage than good.
- It is really not that hard because these bi-fold doors just need a tiny bit of patience. Doing so can help you get the benefit of installing the entire door yourself, with minimal supervision. You should remember that, if there is any remote chance that your handyman skills are not that good, you should hire an expert. Hereâ€™s a few aspects to evaluate-
- One of the first things you should do here is understand where you need a new door. In most cases where you have bi-fold doors that have been around for years, a bit of adjustment and fitting tricks tend to do the job. You can try lubricating the door using some oil or simply get ahead with the adjustment using some of the tips that are mentioned at the end of this article.
- But there is a long list of things that can go wrong in this reference. One of the major problems that individuals face here is the door or the fitting not opening the right way. It is vital that the height along with the width be measured accurately, so that when you adjust these bi-fold doors, your setting is just right.
- Another aspect is that you can try tipping panels. The first step is to consider the size of the door and ensure that you cover all the steps of taking down the door correctly. Any mistakes here, then you have trouble setting them back again. You should also ensure that the alignment and fastening is done properly so that in post repairs, there is no risk in using these bi-fold doors. Also, the hardware needed for this process should be kept alongside because a little lapse here means you are holding the door with no screwdrivers to put things back in place.
Adjusting the doors
- When you adjust the bi-fold doors, ensure that you first loosen the screw that sits on the top of the bracket and then slide the same slightly. This should be done along with tracks to leave enough room between the top and your door. Then again tighten the screw and close the door to check.
- For the floor bracket, you have to shift the pins on either door bottoms. In one case you have to loosen a screw that slides the bracket in and out.
- To adjust the height, you have to just screw the bottom pin using a wrench and pliers. This can be done without taking off the door too.
So, it is better to hire an expert to fit the bi-fold doors if you donâ€™t find it easy to do the same by yourself.