As company culture is changing across US workplaces, potential employees are being more choosy about the things they’re looking for from an employer. Employees needs are different today, and so are the benefits people are looking for. To attract top talent, you’ll want to offer a strong benefits package with benefits employees are actually looking for. Recruiters are working harder to find top talent by helping companies create more attractive benefits offerings.
Benefits Offerings Should Change With the Times
In a recent survey by GlassDoor, approximately 60% of those asked said they strongly consider benefits and perks before accepting a job offer. A full 80% said they would prefer better benefits over a bump in pay and feel valued when employers offer good benefits. Job seekers are looking for a robust benefits package, that includes at least some of these.
This might mean the ability to work from home or adjust your work schedule on occasion. The goal is for employees to achieve a better work-life balance, especially those with children. Companies like Netflix are leading the industry in employee flexibility, giving workers autonomy to create a schedule that works for them, while still being productive. It may mean that parents of young children come in earlier than their co-workers and leave earlier to pick their kids up. This flexibility also allows for self-care and a sense of independence and helps companies attract and retain top talent.
Good Health Benefits:
Employees are not interested in bare-bones, fall down and break something insurance policies or those with high deductibles. More businesses are listening and offering more benefit-rich insurance, with the option for Flexible Spending Accounts or a wider variety of plans to choose from. Employers can also opt to cover a portion of employee’s coverage as a benefit. Health insurance may be the most expensive perk that you can offer employees, but it is one of the most important.
Better Vacation Time:
Employees want to be able to take time off as needed. Americans are notoriously bad at using vacation days and leave $224 billion dollars in vacation time behind annually. More companies are beginning to adopt open, or unlimited, vacation policies. This can be a win-win for both employers and workers, saving an average of $1,898 per employee annually. Companies save time and money by no longer having to track employee vacation or having to pay out unused vacation days. Employees benefit by taking days as they need them, delivering more flexibility and autonomy. It sends a message to employees that the company trusts them to make their own decisions, so long as their work is not affected.
Things like paying for parking, offering tuition assistance or a free gym membership also rank high on the list for employees. Small gestures like free snacks go a long way with employees, making them feel valued. If you aren’t working hard to create meaningful personal connections with your employees, you are making a mistake. Showing genuine interest in them, and their families if applicable, goes a long way.
By offering meaningful benefits for your employees, you’ll boost morale, and retain a better workforce.
I enjoy writing and I write quality guest posts on topics of my interest and passion. I have been doing this since my college days. My special interests are in health, fitness, food and following the latest trends in these areas. I am an editor at Content Rally.
If you are looking for a career option that is both respected and rewarding, then the armed force is a good option. Joining the defense forces of a country offers an experience that few other career options can guarantee. Indian Navy can help you to build your career at the right directionServing your country and your compatriots is a feeling that is incomparable to any other feeling in the world. Members of the defense forces are widely respected as being above mere civilians in the society. Anyone who joins the armed forces has an inherent leadership quotient built into his or her personality.
The Indian Navy- The Best in the World
The Indian Navy is not merely a job. It is a way of life. If you want to live a life of discipline and push yourself, a Sailor’s job in the Indian Navy might be the best decision of your life. If we are to protect the motherland of India, then protecting the sea is of primary importance.In terms of commanding areas on the sea, the Indian Navy is entrusted with the task of patrolling, securing and monitoring a 7500 km coastline. This is no mean feat considering the fact that the Exclusive Economic Zone area or EEZ as it is called stretches well over 2 million square kilometers.The Indian Navy boasts of having one of the biggest operations in the world, both in terms of manpower as well as in terms of expertise. If you are someone who looks forward to a challenge, the Indian Navy is the best career option for you.
Benefits of Joining the Indian Navy
One of the biggest benefits of joining the Indian Navy is traveling to unexplored and exotic lands. Sailors travel all over the world, exploring different cultures, cuisines, and lifestyles. The amount of exposure they get in travel terms is unparalleled.Serving the country and being called upon to help fellow citizens in times of distress like floods, drought, tsunamis, cyclones, and earthquakes is fulfilling. Being loved for your job by millions of people in the country is an added benefit.In terms of pay, retirement benefits, insurances, and allowances, few other institutions come as close to the Indian Navy. The financial benefits are more than adequate compared to millions of other jobs in the industry. In addition, the retirement benefits along with coverage for families and dependents will always offer you a peace of mind that other jobs simply cannot give.If you want to develop your leadership skills, the Indian Navy will give you more than many opportunities when it comes to shouldering responsibilities. As you rise up the organizational hierarchy, your leadership and responsibilities will also increase. You will be leading teams of people who will look up to your advice and suggestions.
How to Join the Indian Navy?
The Indian Navy is asking individuals to apply for the following current openings-Sailor for Artificer Apprentice (SAA)
Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR)The Indian Navy SSR and the SAA are positions that are open to individuals who have just passed out of schools. Both the positions offer a very healthy pay scale, multiple benefits and privileges, and best post-retirement conveniences.The openings are for the batches that are supposed to start from 2020 onwards. There will be a Medical Fitness Test before the Indian Navy will formally select candidates.If you wish to apply for the above positions in the Indian Navy, you can apply through Sarkari Results today. A career in the defense forces is not for everyone. If you feel you are someone who feels strongly towards serving your nation, you should definitely apply.Read Also:4 Ways To Keep Your Top Talent At Work
8 Useful Tips For Personal Career Developmentfeatured image: twitter.com
It is very important to know the current trends in the job market, especially if you are looking for a good career path to nurture your skills and grow in the same.For many students, a college degree puts you on the direct path to a certain career such as journalist, police, doctor, or teacher. Meanwhile, there are some individuals for whom the future isn’t as clear-cut.The most demanded careers in the industry have the most anticipated growth rates for the next five years. However, before pursuing any career path, you must possess the required skills and knowledge to be a good fit for the job.
Top 32 Good Career Paths That Pay Well - [2022 Updated]
There may be several highest paying careers, but they should interest you and you must have the required skill sets and abilities to pursue the same. Besides, some career paths consist of lots of risks and responsibilities that you need to consider beforehand.So, let’s discuss the list of best career paths that pay well and have a rewarding future.
1. Finance Consumer Services Career PathFinance Consumer Services can be a good career option for you if you have an interest in finance. However, just keep in mind that to pursue this career, you must have certain skill sets: Data handling skills, Accounting Knowledge, Communication skills, etc.
2. Clothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores Career PathClothing/Shoe/Accessory Stores is another good career path in 2022. For this job, you don’t require any particular graduation degree like other jobs. However, the core skill sets are excellent communication skills and customer handling abilities.
3. Packaged Foods Career PathPackaged Foods can be one of the most interesting career paths this year because there are several types of jobs available in this sector including Product Tester, Compliance Manager, Packaging Buyer, Package Designer, etc.
4. Electric Utilities Central Career PathElectric Utilities Central Path is a sector where Scientists and Engineers play an important role. However, in this path, there is a high risk because the workplaces in this area are considered to be very dangerous.
5. Business Services Career PathBusiness Services career path is also a good option for you because this profession is regarded as the most flexible category of employment with many work opportunities. Some entry-level jobs in this sector include Sales Representatives, Assistant Buyers, Financial Analysts, and Operations Research Analysts, etc.
6. Hotels/Resorts Career PathHotels/resorts’ career paths can be very interesting and rewarding because there are several opportunities available here to grow quickly. Here, you will find lots of diverse options and flexible working hours that you will love for sure!
7. Other Consumer Services Career PathOther Consumer Services enable you to work on several technologies and boost up your overall job skills. The best part about this career path is that there are huge opportunities available and you can grow quickly here.
8. Public Utilities Career PathPublic Utilities career path maintains the infrastructure for public services. They fulfill the basic needs of the public and provide various kinds of services. This can be a great career path if you are looking for long-term benefits and high rewards.
9. Energy Career PathThe energy career path is also a very fulfilling career option because there are many best paying jobs in this sector. By working in this sector, you need to focus on creating energy efficiency and minimizing the energy consumption level to a great extent.
10. Basic Industries Career PathBasic Industries career path is a sector that is accountable for transforming raw materials and creating semi-furnished goods. The top characteristics in this career path are semi-furnished goods, high-quality staff, significant investments, etc.
11. Precious Metals Career PathPrecious Metals career path is also a rewarding career path for you in the long run. The precious metals here can be anything such as gold, silver, diamond, platinum, etc. You just need to make sure that the metals are in stable growth and have good returns in the future.
12. Oil & Gas Production Career PathThe oil & Gas Production career path is an innovative place to work in. Some of the best areas in this sector include Project Engineer, Logistics Analyst, Financial Analyst, Human Resource, Geologist, Oil & Gas Attorney, etc.
13. Capital Goods Career PathIndividuals working Capital Goods focus on increasing the long-term productive capacity of the economy. This career path can simplify your living standards in the future and there is a massive opportunity in this industry.
14. Consumer Durables Career Path'Consumer Durables’ career path is rewarding as it operates at 100% production capacity. Some of the top rewarding jobs in this sector include Events Manager, Product Development Manager, Sales Operations Specialists, Category Manager, etc.
15. Industrial Machinery Components Career PathIndividuals working in Industrial Machinery Components are accountable for repairing and maintaining firm machines. They provide machinery, equipment, and control solutions for industrial infrastructure and energy.
16. Technology Career PathTechnology is expected to grow rapidly in the coming future, and the available jobs in this sector are excellent. You can get quick employment opportunities even without a college degree. Isn’t it great?
17. Metal Fabrications Career PathMetal Fabrications is the production of metal structures by cutting, bending, and assembling. This career path is a kind of very responsible job, and you need to manage your time efficiently here.
18. Investment Managers Career PathInvestment Managers are paid high from scratch. Besides, those who are talented and qualified can get more opportunities and rewards in this industry. Moreover, this career path is very satisfying and rewarding.
19. Commercial Banks Career PathCommercial Banks has been providing clients with credit products such as term loans, syndicated services, cash management services, fixed income products, etc. Moreover, this has been divided into two categories such as primary and secondary services.
20. Major Pharmaceuticals Career PathMajor Pharmaceuticals has various degree programs. In this sector, the Sales Representatives make the most revenue, and this can be the best choice for those who are looking for a bright future.
21. Home Furnishings Career PathHome Furnishings can be a good career path for you if you are interested in the construction sector. This industry has lots of opportunities at present, and you can consider this to improve your skills and knowledge.
22. Homebuilding Career PathThe homebuilding industry alone has more than 80k job opportunities and the career is expected to grow by 8%. Some of the top-paying jobs here are Construction Manager, Interior Designer, Architect, Carpenter, Roofer, Electrician, etc.
23. Telecommunications Career PathThe telecommunication industry is also very booming. Individuals working in this sector require job training that lasts for a few weeks or sometimes extends to a few months. They attach cables and wires to appliances.
24. Quality Assurance Career PathQuality Assurance individuals make sure that the quality of the products or services is delivered as expected. They are hugely responsible for the food’s quality if they are working in the food industry.
25. Major Banks Career PathIf you are interested in the banking sector, then major banks can be a top career option for you in the long run. Banking sectors are loved by many people because the skills required in banking can be useful in other sectors too.
26. Photography Career PathThe photography career path can be rewarding for those who are really passionate about their aim. Wedding photographers, Lifestyle Photographers, Fashion Photographers, Freelance Photographers, Advertising Photographers, etc.
27. Auto Parts O.E.M Career PathAuto Parts O.E.M’s career path is also a great one to pursue in 2021. This career path is referred to as Original Equipment Manufacturer, which means that the parts are created by the same company that makes the vehicle.
28. Steel/Iron Ore Career PathThe steel/Iron Ore’s career path is also rewarding and worth considering in 2022. This career path is the backbone of the global economy and has the highest demand and value at present.
29. Medical/Dental Instruments Career PathMedical/Dental Instruments career path helps you to save patients’ lives by carrying out procedures that remove pain and prevent future problems. The best benefit of this career path is that you can open your own clinic in the future.
30. Medical Assistance Career Path
Medical Assistance is one of the most rewarding career paths in the healthcare industry. You can work in this sector, and the skills required can be utilized in other sectors as well.
31 Computer Software Prepackaged Software Career PathComputer Software Prepackaged Software career path is a fulfilling career because the salary structure is very good. So, if you are interested in the computer industry, you can pursue this career path.
32. Consumer Non-Durables Career PathConsumer Non-durables career path is a favorite choice of many individuals because the employees are paid high due to high demand. These goods are easily consumed in one use or have a life span of fewer than three years.
The Final Thoughts
A career path that pays well will make you live a comfortable life without any worries. At the same time, you can achieve your long-term financial goals like buying a home, starting your own business, or anything else that is important for you. Thus, the above listed are the top 32 career paths that pay well and have a bright future in the long run. READ ALSO:Career Options after 12th Science
8 Useful Tips for Personal Career Development
How Many Jobs Are Available In Real Estate Investment Trusts?
Is Real Estate Investment Trusts A Good Career Path?
STEM subjects are some of the most in-demand fields of study right now. They’re also some of the most competitive.To stand out in an increasingly competitive job market, students need to make sure they’re making the right choice when it comes to their college education. Even if you don’t plan on pursuing a STEM career, these degrees can open up new opportunities for you after you graduate.Here are just a few benefits of earning SUNY Math & Science degrees:You’ll Be Able to Find a Job FastIn case you were unaware, STEM degree holders are in high demand. And what’s more, there are often more positions than there are candidates available.That means that after you get a degree in a STEM field, you’ll have a distinct leg up over other job seekers. Job-finding websites like Indeed and SimplyHired are full of hiring managers looking for candidates with a variety of skills in STEM.Therefore, you’ll be better positioned as a degree holder to stand out from the crowd.You’ll Have Access to Higher PaySTEM jobs are some of the highest-paying fields available. Healthcare, for instance, is one of the highest-paying industries, but IT/computer science and engineering are high-demand fields that typically pay well.However, note that having a degree can help you earn a higher salary. It doesn’t guarantee you’ll earn a higher salary, but it does give you an advantage. Employers seek specific skills, experiences, and traits when filling jobs. They’re also looking to see if you have the motivation and drive to perform well.That said, having a high-paying job can help you build your savings. This way, you’re more likely to be able to afford a house and a family.It Can Help Lead to Other CareersGetting a degree in one of the most in-demand fields opens you up to other careers. You can’t necessarily expect to transition easily into a new career from your current one, but you can use the skills you’re developing in a differnt career. This can open up multiple career paths.You’ll Develop Important SkillsSTEM fields like engineering, computer science, and biology are a part of your daily life. Therefore, as a degree holder in one of these fields, you can look forward to working in a field that requires a significantly different mindset than your typical college courses.You may already find yourself applying your critical thinking skills as you tackle challenging projects. With a degree in a STEM field, you can continue to refine these skills in a job setting quickly and efficiently, and, ultimately, increase your overall marketability.Even if you don’t plan on pursuing a STEM career, SUNY Math & Science degrees can open up new opportunities for you after you graduate.In ConclusionSTEM subjects are some of the most in-demand fields of study right now. They’re also some of the most competitive. To stand out in an increasingly competitive job market, students need to make sure they’re making the right choice when it comes to their college education.Additional:Is Health Care A Good Career Path?Is Transportation A Good Career Path?Is Consumer Services A Good Career Path?Top Career Opportunities In Operations Management