The prospect of buying a new home for the first time is indeed a very special one. You are excited at owning a valuable piece of asset that you will call your home. For first-time buyers, getting the right property at an attractive price is a top priority.
As against someone who regularly invests in real estate and understands the ins and outs, first-time buyers stand at a disadvantage. The real estate market is a very dynamic one. There are so many things that can affect the influence the price of a home.
This is why the importance of a good realtor that can help guide them in the right manner is critical. From an understanding of the various neighborhoods to locating homes within a budget, a good realtor can be an asset that can make your first-time home buying experience a happy one!
In this article, we are going to help first-time homeowners pick out the best realtors for their specific conditions. If you are someone that is looking to buy a new home for the first-time, this article will help you in multiple ways.
- 1 The Problems first-time homebuyers Experience in the Real Estate Market
- 2 5 Important Things to look at in a Realtor before you hire them
- 2.1 1. Patience. Listening Skills and Educative Nature-
- 2.2 2. Experience, Expertise, and Awareness about Property Types and Neighbourhoods-
- 2.3 3. Understanding your Racial and Community Needs in Properties-
- 2.4 4. Having the Right Tie-Ups with Stakeholders-
- 2.5 5. Great Soft Skills and Negotiation Powers-
- 3 Where to Find a Realtor that is Perfect for First-Time homebuyers?
- 4 The Bottom Line
The Problems first-time homebuyers Experience in the Real Estate Market
In this section, we are going to look at some of the key problems first-time homebuyers face when looking at the real estate market-
Yes, addressing the elephant in the room first. Budget constraints are something that almost a majority of homebuyers need that is affordable, within their budget, and will rise in value in the near future.
Trust Issues and Worries–
In a market where everyone is running after their own interests, trusting someone can be tough. This is why first-time homebuyers are extra cautious before moving forward. This sometimes costs them great deals in real estate.
Network and Connections–
Buying a home does not only mean working with a realtor. It involves working with legal experts for the property’s paperwork, getting help from loan agents at banks, and engaging contractors. Sometimes, all this becomes too much.
Investing so much money in a property is a decision that requires a lot of courage. Second-guessing the decision to invest makes first-time homebuyers develop cold feet even when a great deal is staring them in the face.
Understanding of Neighbourhoods–
Most of us feel comfortable in staying close to our communities and groups. Given the recent spate of violence and societal troubles, first-time homebuyers are conscious of their family’s
These are some of the most common and basic problems that first-time homebuyers experience when making decisions on real estate.
5 Important Things to look at in a Realtor before you hire them
In this section, we are going to let first-time homebuyers in on a secret. By pointing our important aspects, personality traits, and more, you will be able to select the best realtor for your needs.
1. Patience. Listening Skills and Educative Nature-
first-time homebuyers may have tons of questions. While some of them might be pertinent, others might simply be too trivial. A realtor needs to be sensitive to all the questions, no matter how childish and immature they sound. He or she should be ready to clarify all doubts as well as educate the homebuyers regarding important aspects of the property buying experience.
2. Experience, Expertise, and Awareness about Property Types and Neighbourhoods-
Most realtors specialize in different forms and types of real estate. Some have better awareness about condos and apartments. Others are more into free-standing homes in gated communities. Depending on what kind of property you are going after, selecting a realtor that has prior experience and expertise on the same will help you. The same goes for neighborhoods.
3. Understanding your Racial and Community Needs in Properties-
We spoke about how different neighborhoods in the country have been in the news for racial violence. If you are concerned about the same, it might be a good idea to go with leading Black realtors in Boston. Their understanding of the region can help them inform you about what would be right for you and where you might face problems. This is very important.
4. Having the Right Tie-Ups with Stakeholders-
Leading realtors are a one-stop shop for all your home buying needs and requirements. They can help you with your connections. Whether it be getting loans from banks or fixing the plumbing, they are aware and work with several networks and connections. This can help improve the home buying process and experience. You will have everything done for you.
5. Great Soft Skills and Negotiation Powers-
You want the realtor to negotiate on your behalf in bringing the prices down. If the realtor does not have strong negotiating skills, you might end up paying more than you had imagined. Look at the track and success record of the realtor before going ahead with your decision. A realtor that is good at communication and has a pleasing personality is someone you should aim for.
Where to Find a Realtor that is Perfect for First-Time homebuyers?
If you have been reading the article with interest and focus from the start, your next question would be, where do I find a realtor like that.
In this section, we are going to point out some ways that can help you in your search and discovery-
- Firstly, you can start by making recommendations and referrals from your family and friend circle. If someone has recently purchased a new property at a great price, you can request them to hand over the details of their realtor.
- Secondly, you can visit online sites that carry detailed information about the realtors in your region. You can go through profiles, connect with them and find out whether they fit the bill of what you are looking for.
- Thirdly, you have to check out the online reviews and ratings of the realtors before you hire them. If they have their social media profiles and GMB pages, you will be able to get good information. Make sure to look for how they answer comments.
The Bottom Line
Choosing a great realtor can make all the difference to your first-time home buying experience. Not only do you stand the chance of finding a great property, but they smoothen out most of the problems that you are likely to experience during the process.
If you have any other questions on choosing the right realtors, or on anything related to first-time home buying, let us know in the comments. We will try our level best to clear as many of your doubts as possible.