Good Literacy is Good Literacy: Improving Reading and Writing
Sometimes some students often say, “Please do my homework” without reading it before. However, extreme reading has strengthened in the classroom: there are still students who read a lot, but at the same time, there are more and more students who have difficulty reading even short texts. The new challenge is creating a reading routine because reading can only be done by reading word for word.
Then why do young people read less?
Reading competes with many other things for middle school students. For example, if you have hard training at night, it’s understandable that reading by yourself is not a good idea. Besides, social media offers direct enjoyment and opportunities to build relationships far more directly than literature. In a text editor, some text can be read in small parts. Many things must be done to strengthen students’ interest in reading and lower their reading threshold.
The task book should contain reading assignments that can be done in small parts, and there are questions among the elements that can be answered in the previous text. In these assignments, the main task of students is to identify issues raised in the text, which helps them to understand the text better. This eliminates the need to internalize the whole short story, and refinement questions help focus attention on the main aspects of the text.
The field of content handled in mother tongue and literature has developed in recent years. Also, text skills have played a central role in teaching.
As society becomes more complex, texts become more diverse and more demanding. This is also evident in mother tongue classes: in the past, most pages of content were written by title – now, besides essays, there is a need to master things like criticism, stories, and magazines.
Different types of texts must be read consciously to learn how to analyze the features of different kinds of documents and learn how to produce them. The text has also been taken as a starting point for dealing with linguistic problems: parts of the language have dealt with various types of texts.
Every teacher should always model new or challenging types of text in class:
Schools often have to produce texts that are too self-written and demanding. In class, it might be a good idea first to write a text about the type of text you are learning, such as a report or review. When students are genuinely ripe to write through various activities, it is easier for them to produce independent texts based on text samples.
A meaningful reading experience encourages you to continue reading:
Textual artists have carefully selected samples of literary texts that are of interest to high school students, from which young people can also draw deeper – for example, to build their worldviews and ethical reflection.
The teacher must try to choose texts that are meaningful to students, which, of course, are not always easy and may not work. Above all, it is essential for documents to discover new things through practice and to be able to understand them more deeply and comprehensively. Middle school students are sensitive to whether they accomplish something or achieve.
1. Make sure you read carefully all the texts you read, so students know what type of text to read. Always read a book, at least the back cover together.
2. Read books together in a short trailer. After each section of the text, the assignment is created, or the text is discussed.
3. Pay attention to text selection. It must be fluent in writing and be interesting for students. Students are clear about whether the text is well written and what it feels like.
4. Give various literary treatments and make sure they also have something new and surprising. For some students writing and reading are the most difficult things to do in their native language so in addition to writing, including a variety of dramatic exercises related to character, plot, or theme. At best, practice brings new meaning and interpretation to the text.
- 5 Communication Tips For Introverts In College
- 5 Tips On How To Research For An Essay
- 10 Top-Notch Tools To Improve Your Business Writing Skills