Our Guide to Finding the Cheapest New York City Movers
Moving to New York City is an intricate process that requires the help of a moving company to navigate traffic and unloading of belongings quickly and reliably. Along with those two needs, there is affordability, which is not always the case when it comes to shady movers. Do you want to know how to avoid them? Here is our guide to finding the cheapest New York City movers.
Do Your Research as Early as Possible:
In the digital age, it takes only a bit of searching to find reliable feedback from past customers. That is why we give you multiple quotes from trusted moving companies to get started. With many company review platforms like Yelp or Google reviews, it has never been easier.
A third party like the Better Business Bureau or consumer affairs can provide the best insight into what you should expect when dealing with the movers. It is a great way to compare quotes and services. Some things to note include:
- Cheap moving services are competitive, so they generally get booked well in advance. For a low-cost moving company, you will not get accommodations at the last minute. Try to begin your search for about three months in advance of your move date. The more time you have, the more likely you will find trustworthy vendors.
- The more time you have, the more flexible you are to relocation dates. Take the time to find out from moving companies the cheapest dates to move. You will find that you save tremendously for a midweek date rather than a weekend haul. The prime season for moving companies is during the summer months, so you also have the choice to move with a cheaper rate during one of the other seasons.
- You will find discounts if you choose a nonprime date to move. Having the time to check each website for move specials will lower the costs of your New York City move drastically.
Watch Out for Scammers!
Searching for cheap movers can also present certain risks that should be taken into consideration. Moving companies range from big brands to small companies with only a few employees. Bigger is not always the best in the moving industry. There are also false movers, claiming to be legitimate companies who will take your money and belongings. When choosing a company, consider these warning signs:
- Never submit a deposit. Scammers bet on your innocence of deposit requirement and are likely to run off with it. Be wary of pay-up-front contracts.
- Make sure you are dealing with a legitimate company. Businesses today have social footprints and a lack of one can mean you are dealing with someone who could take your money and run. There should be an address, company phone, and a labeled truck. Also, make a note of its United States Department of Transportation number to validate its existence.
- Ensuring your belongings provides a necessary level of protection. Be wary of companies offering high levels of protection. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
The earlier you begin your search, the higher the chance for a positive outcome. Visit us at Cheap Movers NYC to free moving estimates and information on reliable moving companies.
- 5 Essential Tips for the Traveling Photographer.
- Best Vietnam Trekking Tours with North Vietnam Travel.
- Planning for Enjoyable Travel and a Memorable Destination Wedding.