- 1 What Is an Associate of Science in Organizational Leadership and Professional Studies
- 2 What Can You do with Your Associate of Science in Professional Studies and Organizational Leadership
- 3 Why Should You Get Your Associate of Science in Professional Studies and Organizational Leadership Online
What Is an Associate of Science in Organizational Leadership and Professional Studies
The skills taught through an Associate of Science in Organization Leadership and Professional Studies degree program will help you to become a leader in any profession you choose to explore. As military personnel, you will study the skills and approaches to help you operate or manage an organization. The skills you learn will give you a solid practice knowledge base that can be applied to developing your potential to become an effective leader.
The program includes a broad range of topics that include communication, finances, sociology, management, and business strategies. Some of the coursework in the program may include:
- Strategic leadership
- Group behavior
- Business ethics
- Human resources
- Data analysis and presentations
Through the Associate’s of Science Degree degree program in Professional Studies and Organizational Leadership, you will learn:
- How to develop a leadership philosophy according to ethical principles
- How to use technological means to analyze practical industry and management problems.
- How to examine strategies in building collaboration and managing conflict
- How to demonstrate adequate oral and written communication abilities
- How to apply existing knowledge to make real-world decisions in organizations and communities.
- How to use quantitative logic to fix problems
- How to recognize diversity in artistic, historic, and literary expressions
If you are looking to further your career in leadership, whether in the military or civilian life, getting your Associate of Science in Professional Studies and Organizational Leadership will give you the skills you need to succeed.
What Can You do with Your Associate of Science in Professional Studies and Organizational Leadership
After completing the degree program and obtaining your Associate’s of Science, you will be prepared to start entry-level management positions. In particular, positions that allow workers to influence organizational or department level changes. You have the option to oversee business operations and manage employees with this degree.
Some possible job opportunities you can apply for with your degree include:
- Operations Manager
- Training and Development Specialist
- Administrative Services Manager
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Production Manager
- Manager of a major retail company
- General manager of a restaurant
In addition to the civilian jobs mentioned above, as military personnel, you can find job opportunities that include:
- Officer training
- Manager for military contractors
- Traveling Manager who visits worksites around the country
The degree program in organizational leadership skills you completed will provide you with an understanding of how to apply leadership skills to practical situations. You will be prepared for management roles in any industry you choose to work.
Why Should You Get Your Associate of Science in Professional Studies and Organizational Leadership Online
When deciding to go back to school to obtain our associate’s degree, finding an online college or university is a great option. Trident organizational leadership degree program allows you to transfer between 12 and 24 credits from your military occupation, military rating, training or completed professional certificate or diploma with Trident.
Online degree programs allow you to develop the skills you need to begin your career while continuing to maintain a healthy balance between work, life, and school. Online courses offer other benefits that include:
- Flexible schedule: Attend class at your own pace. With access to course materials at any time, you can do your course work when it is convenient for you.
- Cost: You will only be paying for your college credits. You won’t have to worry about paying for room and board, food, activity fees, textbooks, and other fees associated with on-campus learning.
- Convenient: You don’t have to commute to and from class. You’re not required to be in a classroom at a particular time on a particular day.
- Accelerate your degree program process: Opt to take a full course load, summer classes, and get your degree faster.
- Work at your own pace: You can take one class a semester or opt for a full course load
- Individual instruction: Since you’ll be working by yourself on school assignments, you will have direct access to your professor. This is helpful for students who are intimidated by traditional classroom settings.
- Communication: You have better access to communicating with your professor. Since everything is done online, you can email, live chat, or call them with questions or ask for feedback.
Taking classes online will help prepare you for your future career in leadership skills. You will develop self-discipline by managing your time and tasks. You will learn how to be self-motivated so you can reach your goal of getting your Associate’s degree. All of these skills can be applied to your new professional career as a leader.
Once you have developed your organizational leadership skills and obtained your Associate of Science degree, you can begin your new career path. Getting a degree in organizational leadership skills will give you the skills you need for a career where you can take on a leadership role and forge your career path.