Review of Ziptrak Outdoor Blinds
Did you know that you can instantly transform your outdoor space by simply adding outdoor blinds? If you’re looking for outdoor cafe blinds, a casual search on the internet will reveal that there are different types to pick from. Such a revelation will by no means make your selection process easier. This is why we took the liberty to review one of the most popular outdoor blinds on the market today; the Ziptrak outdoor blinds. You might realize they’re exactly what you need to beautify your outdoor space.
But what’s so special about Ziptrak outdoor blinds? We’ve compiled all you need to know about these blinds; from their benefits to applications.
What Are Ziptrak Outdoor Blinds?
The name Ziptrak is derived from the blind system utilized in manufacturing this product. Different outdoor blinds use different mechanisms to aid in their operation. They can either use strings, zips or cords. And depending on the mechanism used, it greatly influences the blinds’ operation.
Ziptrak is the original outdoor blind system and features a track guided design. This system is designed to lock the fabric into special tracks that will secure the blinds against flapping. Because of the patented design, the blinds glide smoothly and also stop at any height. And the best part is you don’t need any cords or zips to operate the blinds.
Put simply; these blinds are very easy to operate. And this is one of the main reasons why Ziptrak outdoor blinds are very popular. After all, who wants blinds that are difficult to open or close?
Advantages of Ziptrak Blinds:
So are Ziptrak blinds worth considering compared to other types? Hopefully, the following advantages will answer this question.
One of the main reasons for investing in outdoor blinds is for protection. Ziptrak blinds aren’t only good at blocking out the sun or wind, but they’re also known for effectively keeping bugs out.
In our quest to provide you with an unbiased article, we’ll quickly point out thatZiptrak blinds don’t come cheap. But for the quality and durability they offer, we believe they’re worth every penny.
Some outdoor blinds leave gaps when installed, and unfortunately, most people don’t find that aspect desirable. This is where Ziptrak blinds give competitors a run for their money because they’re designed not to leave any gaps.
What Holds the Blinds Together?
Another differentiating factor is the material used to hold the Ziptrak outdoor blinds together. The Ziptrak blind is held using a Cordura tape which is commonly referred to as Kedar. Why is this important? There are a few advantages associated with this tape:
- Aesthetics: Believe it or not, using Kedar to hold the blinds together greatly enhances the general appearance of the product. This is because cedar is welded onto the fabric and isn’t stitched like other blinds.
- Variety: Closely related to aesthetics, is the fact that Kedar is available in a wide range of colors to pick from which include white, beige, primrose and black. But we must warn you that the black tends to fade over time.
- Durability: Do you want blinds that’ll last long? Then you’ll appreciate how strong Kedar is. As a result, the tape is designed to withstand a lot of force which means the blind is secured tightly.
- Less jamming: With some outdoor blinds, you may experience issues related to jamming. The advantage of Kedar is it’s less likely to jam—even in windy conditions. But here’s what’s important; you must use the tape with a motor.
Hold Down Options:
Another main characteristic of Ziptrak outdoor blinds is that they offer a wide range of hold-down options compared to other blinds. Common examples include:
- Center release locks: The first thing you’ll appreciate about these locks is they’re very easy to use. Apart from their ease of operation, these locks can be operated either from inside or outside making them very versatile.
- Channel locks: Channel locks are the second most popular type of locks used on Ziptrak outdoor blinds. Like the center release locks, they’re also easy to use.
Both products make Ziptrak blinds the ideal option to use for difficult installations. And the reason why Ziptrak blinds have fewer gaps is that these locks use small rubber seal strips along the bottom rail. This mechanism effectively helps minimize the appearance of gaps.
Design of the Headbox:
While having outdoor blinds with a headbox is a matter of preference, it’s recommended that modern outdoor entertainment areas have fully enclosed top boxes on their outdoor blinds. And the Ziptrak top box is known to provide the following advantages:
- Protection of the fabric
- Keep insects out
- It’s more visually appealing
What is the alternative name for Ziptrak blinds?
It’s important to note that these blinds are known by different names including:
- Cafe blinds
- Cafe curtains
- PVC blinds
- Bistro blinds
- Porch blinds
Where can you install Ziptrak outdoor blinds?
These blinds can be installed in most outdoor living and entertainment areas like the patio or verandah.
Opt for Ziptrakoutdoor blinds if you’re hoping to transform your outdoor space by giving it a modern look and feel. And for blinds that require minimal effort to install and operate, we think they’re definitely worth considering.
- 7 Important Tips For Planning An Outdoor Event
- Ten Tips To Make Most Out Of Your Outdoor Space
- 7 Fun And Simple Outdoor Activities For Your Child Under Ten
Featured Image: westcoastblindswa.com