Taylor Swift Postpones Rio Concert Following Fan’s Death: Safety Concerns 

Published on: 21 November 2023 Last Updated on: 30 October 2024
Taylor Swift Postpones Rio Concert Following Fan's Death

Taylor Swift announced the cancellation of her Rio concert amid safety concerns. The high temperatures are also posing as a threat. The statement comes a night after a fan 23-year old Ana Clara Benevides Machado passed away before the singer’s era tour. It was held at Nilton Santos Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.

Swift posted on her Instagram stories, saying, “I’m writing this from my dressing room in the stadium. The decision has been made to postpone tonight’s show due to the extreme temperatures in Rio. The safety and wellbeing of my fans, fellow performers, and crew has to, and always will, come first.”

The temperatures prevalent in Rio have become a cause for concern. There have been several concerns about the conditions at the concert venue. On Friday, the temperatures reached a height of 35 degrees Celcius in Rio. Swift fans raided the stadium to watch Swift. Video footage from the concert saw Swift perform in front of a crowd of 60,000. It also shows how water was distributed with the music stopping momentarily.

“If somebody says they need water when it’s this hot, they really need it.” Swift was recorded to have said so.

Rio de Janeiro’s Mayor Eduardo Paes spoke on the issue, “The loss of a young woman’s life yesterday at the show in Engenhão is unacceptable. Obviously, we are still finding out more details about the circumstances of what happened,” he wrote. “In any case, I have already ordered the municipality’s Executive Chief of Operations to demand action with the production of the show.”

Brazil’s National Consumer Secretary, Wadih Damous, also spoke out following Benevides Machado’s death. He said, “In addition to the Distribution of free water, through ‘hydration islands,’ which are easily accessible and visible to the public, bottles will be allowed for personal use.”

Read More About:

Content Rally wrapped around an online publication where you can publish your own intellectuals. It is a publishing platform designed to make great stories by content creators. This is your era, your place to be online. So come forward share your views, thoughts and ideas via Content Rally.

View all posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related

Facebook Settlement When It Will Pay Out and How to Verify It

Facebook Settlement: When It Will Pay Out and How to Verify It

Millions of users have applied for a share of the money that Facebook agreed to pay out as part of the court deal after the social media platform settled a multi-million dollar privacy lawsuit this year. More than 500,000 Americans who applied have had their settlement claims denied since the application deadline; additional rejection letters might still be arriving as claims are processed. If you applied, here is all the information you need to know, including where to check the status of your application, how to determine if it has been rejected, and why it can be difficult to predict when you will receive your payment. Tech behemoth Meta, the owner of Facebook, settled a privacy lawsuit and agreed to reimburse users of its platform who were adversely affected by its poor practices with an impressive $725 million. Facebook users received a notification in April letting them know they could apply. Users had until August 25th to submit an application after it opened over the summer. By September 7th, more than 17 million claims had been preliminary validated. The settlement was finally approved by the judge on October 11th, but only after numerous objections. We are currently in the appeals period, and two objectors have submitted appeals thus far. The Hill reports that Angeion, the company handling the case, has received applications for a settlement from 28 million Americans. As a result, it is the most claims filed in US history. Five hundred thousand of those claims have already been denied, as we have discussed. Should your claim be among the unfortunate ones to be denied, you might have received an email informing you of this already. Make sure to examine both your inbox and the spam folder of the email address you provided when submitting the claim application. You have ten days from the time of rejection to file an appeal. Having Angeion verify your claim could be worthwhile. Errors do occur when businesses are processing this volume of applications, and this is the largest single claim in American history. Read Also: The Best Affordable Vlogging Cameras In 2023: Top Recommendations 6 New Features are Changing the User Experience for WhatsApp Users Latest Google Discover Feature Allows Access To Liked Stories

READ MOREDetails
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce's Festive PDA Steals the Spotlight

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s Festive PDA: Touchdown for Love!

In the festive spirit, Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are spreading holiday cheer with a cozy PDA moment captured by barber Patrick Regan. Sharing a carousel of images featuring Kelce's fresh haircut, Regan tucked in a sweet shot of Swift planting a kiss on Kelce's cheek. Expressing gratitude to the 1989 singer in his caption, Regan showcased his skills with Kelce's new look and shared behind-the-scenes details. He highlighted his Mini Travel Case by @babyliss4barbers, a thoughtfully designed kit perfect for traveling barbers, fitting seamlessly into his Babyliss Travel Backpack. The intimate snapshot of Swift and Kelce is the highlight of the carousel, emphasizing their connection beyond the football field. This heartwarming moment follows a series of photos released in October by Chariah Gordon, girlfriend of Kelce's teammate Mecole Hardman, Jr., capturing the affectionate side of both couples. Adding to their public appearances, Swift and Kelce were recently photographed holding hands after a Kansas City Chiefs game, showcasing their supportive dynamic. https://twitter.com/TheSwiftSociety/status/1734038292369162529?s=20 Swift opened up about their relationship in a recent Time interview, contrasting it with her more private past relationships, notably with Joe Alwyn. In her own words, Swift described the beauty of a public relationship, where they embrace each other's passions openly. She emphasized the joy of sharing experiences, being present for one another, and letting the world witness their genuine connection. This openness starkly contrasts the efforts required to keep relationships private, reflecting the couple's pride in each other. As the holiday season unfolds, Swift and Kelce continue to capture hearts with their delightful public displays of affection, embodying the festive spirit and celebrating their love openly. Stay tuned for more glimpses into this dynamic duo's journey, both on and off the field. Learn More About: This Is Why Taylor Swift Sends Kelly Clarkson Flowers After Every Re-Recording Taylor Swift Announced Release And Streaming Of “Eras Tour” Movie On Her Birthday Taylor Swift’s “1989 (Taylor’s Version)” Becomes #1 On Billboard 200’s With Record-Breaking Debut

READ MOREDetails
HBO Max Decides To Take Away 4K From Ad-Free Subscription Plans

HBO Max Decides To Take Away 4K From Ad-Free Subscription Plans

In May, HBO Max underwent a transformation and became Max. At that time, Warner Bros. Discovery assured existing subscribers on the ad-free plan that they could enjoy certain perks, such as 4K streaming, for a minimum of six months without any additional charges. Now, as we approach that six-month mark, it's time for a change. Max is reaching out to its affected customers, notifying them that while their monthly subscription cost of $15.99 will remain unchanged, they will lose a couple of perks starting on or after 5 December 2023. Specifically, 4K (and HDR) streaming will no longer be available for legacy customers. They will be limited to HD quality, similar to new signups for Max's ad-free tier. To continue enjoying 4K playback, legacy subscribers can upgrade to the "ultimate" plan, which costs $19.99 per month. This will be done for users who use their plan on smartphones and on their smart televisions. Legacy ad-free subscribers also had an extra concurrent stream (for a total of three) compared to the standard two offered to new $15.99 plan subscribers. Unfortunately, this perk will also be discontinued starting with the December billing cycle. There is currently no clarification from Warner Bros. Discovery regarding whether any subset of customers can retain these benefits. It's worth noting that downloads remain unaffected by these changes. Both legacy and current ad-free customers can still save up to 30 titles on supported devices for offline viewing when they don't have an internet connection. For those looking for a more budget-friendly option, Max offers a "with ads" tier priced at $9.99. While this tier doesn't include offline downloads, it does allow for two simultaneous streams and offers HD picture quality. Additionally, Max recently introduced an optional sports add-on that is free until 29 February 2024 but will cost an additional $9.99 per month for customers who wish to continue using it. Read Also: Elon Musk To Introduce New Products That Will Challenge YouTube And LinkedIn YouTube Premium Introduces International Price Hikes After Cracking Down Ad Blockers

READ MOREDetails