Have you ever wondered what it is that all successful entrepreneurs have in common?
What is it about them that makes them successful when others fail?
Do they have special tools, knowledge, or something else that the rest of us do not have?
Eight traits of a successful entrepreneur
First, let’s look at the traits of successful entrepreneurs. Most successful entrepreneurs have these traits in common.
- It seems most successful entrepreneurs have the determination to withstand the pressures of having to work on several goals at once.
- You have to be able to communicate your ideas and wishes well in order to succeed you need to be able to make others see your vision.
- You will find that most successful entrepreneurs have a lot of self-confidence. This confidence allows them to see the opportunity and not a challenge that most of us see it also allows them to understand the bigger the challenge the bigger the rewards are.
- Continued education. The successful entrepreneurs crave education and never stop learning. That includes lessons when they fail at something; it wasn’t a failure if they learned something about the situation. They are not afraid to fail.
- Passion for their field. Whatever their business is they are passionate about it. Passionate enough they can handle the added stress of building the business without it crumbling and collapsing.
- Great at networking. They tend to network well and if you do not know networking the basic is to help people who can help you now or in the future. An example you are not ready for marketing but you provide a service or help to a marketing consultant for not cash but help in the near future when you are ready to market. You never know what kind of service or people you will need help from either.
- They can easily adapt to the situation. If they need black ink but are out of it, for example, they can adapt and use another color or run to the nearest staples for a black ink. Yes, that is a very simple and basic example.
- Understand their money situation. They understand how much money they have and what they can spend for a certain project or goal to get to where they are going. They also know how to get more capital whether it is investors or bank loans.
What tools are needed or used by entrepreneurs?
While traits go a long way in being successful; there are tools that can also help and you will find that most successful entrepreneurs will use them.
Let’s take a look at some of those tools:
- Smartphone or tablet so that they can keep appointments, goals, to-do lists, and contacts all in one handy place.
- Backups, most successful entrepreneurs will use automated backups. This saves time and headaches if hard-drives get damaged, computers such as tablets get lost or stolen and so on.
- Networking both online such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and even Pinterest but also visit your local chamber of commerce where you can meet like-minded people who share your interests.
- Online banking allows you to know your finances at all times if your bank does not provide online banking (pretty much most do now) then it may be time to switch your banking.
- Access to your money. Using business credit cards has come far since they started. Many will offer you something in return for using them such as cashback, frequent flier miles, etc. Just understand the offer before you accept the card. The companies will also charge minimal fees to get you to use them.
So there are 5 essential tools for even more tools you can use you can check out these.
Business resources for you
We have put together a list of business resources for you.
- Your local Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Administration tools including loans to help start and grow your business.
- Employment Law Information Network provides information on employment laws.
- GoPayment allows you to accept credit and debit card payments on your smartphone.
- FedStats helps in your market research with statistics from more than 100 federal government agencies.
For more resources check out entrepreneur.com
You also need to stay abreast of new digital marketing trends and tools that become available every day. Another resource to look at is mobile marketing tips.
Follow the tips and resources, build on your traits and you too can be a successful entrepreneur.