Bangalore, the capital city of Karnataka, is called the “Silicon Valley” of India due to the huge presence of IT companies. The city is well-known for its pleasant weather and other things which attract a large number of visitors. It is growing fast which provides excellent job opportunities for several people from various parts of India. Although it is an IT hub, there are several things to do in and around the city during weekends. The city is above 950 meters from sea level and the weather remains moderate throughout a year. Another thing is that it allows visitors to perform trekking, camping, and day outing with others.
Here are some important places to visit in Bangalore while planning a tour.
1. Cubbon Park
Cubbon Park is one of the major attractions to see in Bangalore because it is rich in green foliage. Spread over an area of 300 hectares, it is an ideal destination for nature lovers who want to relax their mind in a calm and peaceful environment. The park covers more than 6000 trees allowing visitors to get fresh air. Bangalore Aquarium located in the park is the second largest one in India that has several species.
2. Nandi Hills
Nandi Hills is an absolute paradise for those who want to spend their honeymoon with their loved ones. It is just 60 km away from Bangalore city and tourists can reach the station by car, truck, etc. The hill station allows visitors to enjoy the beauty of nature with groups and family. Anyone who wants to carry out trekking activity can hire a guide for experiencing more excitement. Yoga Nandeeshwara temple and the Tipu’s Drop are some must-see attractions in the hills.
3. Bannerghatta National Park
Bannerghatta National Park, located 22 km away from Bangalore city is home to an incredible array of flora and fauna. It covers 104 Sq.km that features ten forest reserves allowing tourists to explore animals including a wide range of snakes and crocodiles.
4. National Gallery of Modern Art
Visitors who are art lovers can visit the National Gallery of Modern Art in Bangalore enabling them to enjoy the works done by legendary Indian artists. The gallery comprises paintings, graphic prints, sculptures, and photography works allowing tourists to know more about the development of modern art in India. There are special programs including film screenings organized in the gallery every year.
5. Bangalore Palace
Bangalore Palace is one of the must-see attractions which house the paintings of the 19th and 20th centuries. Built by Maharaja Chamarajendra Wadiyar in 1878, the palace stands the epitome of great beauty and architecture. Spread across 45,000 square feet, the palace has a mixture of Tudor and Scottish Gothic architecture styles. It is also a host to several cultural events and music shows.
Travel tips to Bangalore
- The rupee is the currency used in Bangalore and foreigners who want to exchange the same should approach special offices or banks. They should also consider the current exchange rate as well as the commissions charged.
- Even though Bangalore is a beautiful city, it is advisable not to travel in remote areas alone during late-night to prevent robbery and other issues. They should travel with special care in crowded places, public transport, markets, and the railway station.
- It is a wise one to use bottled water instead of tap water. Visitors should rinse the fruits and vegetables before eating after purchasing them from a store or store. This will help to prevent health issues and other problems.
- Visitors should respect the rules followed in the city while planning a tour. They shouldn’t make any noise in the streets and in public places. There are many bars and restaurants which allow people to drink alcohol up to midnight.
- Bangalore is home to several salons that offer tattooing and other services to visitors with expert teams. However, it is necessary to consider the sanity conditions carefully before choosing a service. Visitors should also check whether a salon has a license or not to overcome complications.
- Tourists should not carry too much cash when they go out to important places in the city to eliminate unwanted problems. Foreign nationals should carry a photocopy of the passport and visa while visiting restaurants and other places.
- It is a wise one to avoid roadside foods in the city because they can lead to various health issues. Those who want to taste any food from roadside vendors should make sure that they cooked properly.
- Visitors who want to spend more time in the city should wear night clothes and make a vacation to prevent malaria and dengue.
- Travelers should gather more information about the places in advance before visiting them that can help to eliminate misguidance by others.
Where to stay in Bangalore?
Hotels in Bangalore offer different types of accommodations for visitors allowing them to plan their holidays and weekend accordingly. Some even provide resort facilities to enjoy life in natural and scenic surroundings. Best resort in Bangalore covers modern amenities such as spa, swimming pool, gym, yoga center, recreation rooms, etc. Visitors can relax their body and mind in a resort in a sophisticated environment. Apart from that, the prices are an affordable one letting tourists create the best memories on a trip.
Nowadays, there are several hotel websites that offer a variety of packages for tourists to book resorts in advance. One can even visit them for comparing the prices of the resort in Bangalore to rent them at cheaper prices. It is possible to schedule a trip to Bangalore after finding the right type of resorts. On the other hand, visitors should know the terms and conditions of a website before booking a resort. Some websites even provide huge discounts on the packages allowing tourists to save more money. Hotels in Bangalore cover all types of services including transportation allowing visitors to get complete satisfaction. In addition, they show ways to have more fun and pleasure during the staying process.