Life insurance is a product that may not seem a cause for concern as a single in the early 20s. However, postponing it to a later date or several years ahead might cost you more than you expected.
We must buy life insurance early to manage unforeseen commitments and pursue long-term goals with ease. Financial planning with life insurance will assure you benefits, especially low premium rates, extensive cover for your family, and financial security for the entire family.
Here are some of the best reasons for singles to opt for life insurance early in the 20s.
Reasons to buy life insurance in your 20s:
- When you are single and being in your 20s, you may be the only earning member of the family – your parents might become your dependents. They survive and manage expenses based on your income. However, as you get older, your commitments start increasing with marriage and children. The income will be increasing but not in tune with the rising liabilities. In case of an unfortunate event like your death, the whole family will suffer. If you have a life insurance cover, the life cover payout will ensure financial security for the family in your absence.
- In the early 20s, the insurer will provide insurance plans with a lower premium rate. This is primarily because you are healthy and fit at that age, and the risk involved is comparatively less. When you opt for term insurance with a higher sum assured, medical tests are mandatory. At a younger age, you won’t have any pre-existing ailments. So, the application gets approved for a minimal premium rate. And during a claim, it will not get rejected due to the submission of a healthy medical test report initially.
- Even being single, you have to plan your financial commitments way ahead. Life insurance comes with additional benefits like riders, guaranteed returns, savings plans, and other investment solutions for any individual. With guaranteed returns, you can pursue your long-term goals, and with investment plans like ULIP, you can get insured and invest for growth. There are also guaranteed savings plans that will provide life cover and regular income after a set period of time. The early you invest with the best life insurance, the higher is the sum assured.
- There are also high possibilities that you may have an educational loan. If the installment is fairly higher, then the payout from guaranteed returns plans can help you pay off a majority of the loan. In case of your unfortunate demise, your family members can pay off the debts with the lump sum assured.
Having realized the advantages of life insurance of taking up life insurance as an individual at an early age, you must put the plan into action. It will encourage you to start your life with a disciplined approach to secure your life. Before choosing the right plan:
- Spend some time analyzing your financial position, career goal, long-term plans, and financial commitments.
- Research through the variety of plans available and select the best with expert advice.
Comprehensive Insurance Cover for your 20s:
Comprehensive life insurance plans are the perfect life cover to buy when you start your insurance journey. These plans combine affordable savings-cum-insurance cover and health-based riders. Thus, true to their name, they offer comprehensive protection – life, health, and savings!
You can buy a comprehensive life insurance plan to secure your family’s future and ensure a lump sum payout so that they can lead a financially independent life. The guaranteed returns from the savings component help you fulfill your dreams and financial goals.
Finally, the health-based riders assure protection and financial support during medical emergencies, especially on the diagnosis of critical and terminal illnesses.
The avenues for insurance and investments are increasing every day. You can purchase life insurance online and get the necessary assistance at ease. In your 20s, before you start spending money on luxuries, allocate it for insurance and investments to stay financially independent in the present and later during the future. Keep in mind, the early you get insured, the better are your prospects, and the safest is your loved ones!