Listen to Country Lyrics, Tabs, Chords and Learn about Country Genre
Once, Harlan Howard said, “ Country music is three chords and the truth”. A lot of time has passed since the birth of country music. But the music genre is still alive. The soulful ballads in the style of the country still lead the charts and are loved by everyone. Today, it is an absolutely independent genre, which is successfully performed all over the world. Before you look for Country Lyrics, Tabs, Chords CowboyLyrics.com , learn some interesting facts about this music genre.
5 Facts about Country Music You Need to Know
As an independent recognizable musical genre, the country music genre was defined by the beginning of the 20th century. But, there are historical facts that prove that the early period of the style can be attributed to the 17th century. Are you a fan of country lyrics and want to know everything about this unique music genre? Check some facts every country music listener should know.
- Homeland country for country music is the United States. The style began to emerge at the end of the nineteenth century and finally took shape by the beginning of the 20th century.
- The sources of the origin of the style were folk music and original songs.
- The first performers of country music were immigrants-colonists from Europe, so initially, the sound of such works was somewhat unusual.
- In literal translation, the name of the style sounds like “rural”. It is the agricultural and mountainous regions of America, such as Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, that have long preserved the traditions of country music in its original form.
- After the popularization of country music with the help of radio, people started to organize amateur and then professional country music festivals. Favorite compositions began to be recorded in studios, which was the beginning of the commercialization of the genre.
Cowboy Junkies and Their Contribution to the Country Music Genre:
In the 90s, a number of bands appeared that played country in a more rigid, almost punk manner. Country transformed, alt-country was born. Not only punk but also gospel, blues-rock, even psychedelics can be perfectly combined with traditional country instruments. The Canadian band Cowboy Junkies, which has been playing alt-country music for almost twenty years, is a clear confirmation of this. Look for their Country Lyrics, Tabs, Chords at CowboyLyrics.com and you will definitely become one of their fans. The soloist Margo Timmins with brothers Michael Timmins, Peter Timmins, and bassist Alan Anton were able to make a very melodious, lyrical, blues and even some kind of gothic country music.
The main semantic load of the compositions is, of course, the texts and vocals, leading among the parts of the instruments. And, of course, unobtrusive, but clear rhythm. The soft lyrics of Cowboy Junkies are mood music. Their music can be associated with constant autumn.
Among the many musical styles, there are special genres that are able to create the perfect spiritual mood. Country music is one of them. Listen to it and make sure by yourself.