If you’re thinking of getting an at-home procedure that can help you determine the father of your child, then you’re not alone! Millions of women do this every year to establish who the father is, determine child support amounts, determine custody of a child, or solely for peace of mind. If you want to just know who the father is for your own peace of mind and to help establish a relationship between your child and their biological father, then you can do an at-home procedure.
If you need to know the paternity for legal purposes – such as child support payments or custody battles – then you will have to go to an in-person professional setting so you can have this done at a laboratory. Either way, you need to know how much you will be spending on this procedure so you can save money and be prepared for the total amount!
The Average Price Of A Home Paternity Test Based On Your State
If you are considering getting a home paternity test to see how the father of your child is, then you need to find out more info before purchasing. Fortunately, the costs are typically quite affordable, no matter what state you live in. If you live in the United States, you can expect to pay under $400 for this at-home DNA testing kit.
But how do you use the home paternity test? Is it complicated? Fortunately for you, it is very easy to use! All you have to do is follow these tips on the instructions they provide you with the kit. You have to use the buccal swab to get cells from inside of your child’s cheek and then you send the buccal swab in the vial back to a lab for them to do testing. And that’s it – simple as that!
- If you live in Illinois, the home paternity test is usually around $115 for an at-home collection kit and paternity test kit, whereas an in-person court-admissible test costs around $230.
- If you live in Pennsylvania, the average price of a home paternity test cost is around $59 per family or around $19 per person.
- In Florida, the home kits typically range between $200 and $300.
- In New Jersey, the prices typically start around $189 for DNA testing, paternity testing, and maternity testing procedures.
- The home paternity test for Colorado costs between $90 and $225 depending on the facility you chose or if you do a home paternity test.
- In California, you can expect to pay between $400 and $500 for a legal paternity test, with a home test costing between $15 and $125.
As you can see, the prices vary depending on the state you live in and where you are getting the procedure done. For a home paternity test, you can expect the prices to stay below $200. For an in-person test, you can expect the prices to range between $150 and $350, which can sometimes be even lower depending on where you live!
- 10 Health Problems Eased by Yoga
- 8 Newborn Baby Care Tips for First-Time Parents
- 4 Facts you should Consider in Organic European Formula