Breastfeeding is the best option for a newborn baby. However, this is not always possible for a variety of reasons. With formula or mixed feeding, many parents choose goat’s milk formula for their babies. The increasing demand for such products is that babies well tolerate goat’s milk, and it is perfectly digested and helps improve digestion, which is essential for the baby.
Composition of goat’s milk formula
- Probiotics – do the job of normalizing the intestinal microflora and help improve digestion;
- Beta-casein – a protein that prevents dyspepsia, does not provoke allergies and is perfectly absorbed by the baby’s digestive system;
- Lactose is milk sugar;
- Natural oligosaccharides and nucleotides from goat’s milk, which, among other things, help strengthen your baby’s immune system;
- Vitamins PP, A, which help improve metabolism and blood flow in the growing body, as well as having a positive effect on the organs of vision;
- Minerals, including potassium, iodine, iron, folic acid, as well as phosphorus and calcium, are good for bones and brain development;
- Fats and fatty acids: this component is represented by vegetable oil (sunflower oil, rapeseed oil), Omega-3, and Omega-6;
- An additional source of carbohydrates, maltodextrin, is not present in all formulas, only where lactose-derived carbohydrates are insufficient;
- Whey protein – improves digestion, normalizes intestinal microflora, softens stool.
Benefits of goat’s milk-based formulas
- Goat’s milk formula is easier to digest for a baby. This is due to the fact that goat milk protein (casein) forms a friable and more easily digestible clot (coagulate) in the stomach, which is digested and absorbed faster and better than cow’s milk coagulate.
- The risk of allergic reactions to the product is minimal.
- If the formula composition is chosen correctly and its ingredients contain vitamins and essential trace elements, the reception of such a product will provide your little one’s healthy proper development.
- Usually, the formula is easy to dissolve and has a pleasant taste, but the taste mostly depends on the baby food brand.
- The disadvantages of goat’s milk-based formula are most often associated with a high price and a more limited range compared to a similar product based on cow’s milk.
How to choose a goat’s milk formula
Of course, breast milk is the best food for the baby, but when full breastfeeding is impossible for some reason, goat’s milk baby formula can help. They are perfectly adapted to the needs of babies from birth, have a delicate creamy taste, and are enriched with all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
Before choosing the formula, it is quite important to see your pediatrician, who will give recommendations on nutrition, taking into account the physiological characteristics of the baby, its growth, weight, pace of development. Next, when buying, you should pay attention to:
Protein content-the composition with a large amount of protein can provoke obesity in the future.
The goat’s milk formula should also include fatty acids, Omega-3 and Omega-6, stimulating the visual system’s development and brain cells and promoting immunity.
Prebiotics and probiotics in the composition – in case the baby has problems with stool, constipation.
There are several brands of goat’s milk-based infant formula on the international market. One of the most reliable and well-known is the Swiss brand Holle. A distinctive feature of this baby food manufacturer is the use of only organic components from biodynamic farming. Holle goat milk formula is non-GMO and has no added sugar, corn syrup, or palm oil. By the way, all Holle products have a certificate of quality Demeter.
Holle goat’s milk baby formula can be a great alternative if your baby has an allergic reaction to cow’s milk. This formula contains linoleic acid and DHA from algae oil, essential for developing vision, brain, and immune system. The formula is also enriched with vitamins (A, C, D) and minerals necessary for the baby’s healthy development.
- Is Finance Consumer Services A Good Career Path [Updated 2021]
- Is Commercial Banks A Good Career Path In 2021?
- Is Other Consumer Services A Good Career Path In 2021?
- Is Public Utilities A Good Career Path? – Top Utility Jobs3