In the past few years, the demand for software to help in effective Project Management has increased. With businesses trying to derive every ounce of productivity and efficiency, working with project management tools, platforms and software is something that all businesses strive to integrate.
Successful Project Management can help a business organization in multiple ways. The major ones are-
- Improve coordination between the various teams and verticals responsible for execution and completion.
- Saving time and improving the final delivery to the customers in terms of effective time management.
- Cutting down on duplication of work and preventing wastages thereby contributing to a company’s bottom line.
In this article, we look at one of the highest-rated Project Management software in the market right now, PRINCE2. We look at what makes it great and why your business should think about adopting this specific project management software. Many credible PRINCE2 course training modules are available on the market.
PRINCE2: Meaning and Definition
PRINCE2 has a long history dating back to 1975 when it was first conceptualized and implemented by the United Kingdom government for its project on Information Systems. It is an abbreviated version that stands for PROJECTS IN CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENTS.
The current version that many of the leading names in the world of government and private businesses use first made its appearance in 1996. What is more surprising is the fact that even though it is software that is used by governments, it is also open for public use and exists in the public domain.
The best thing about PRINCE2 is that it focuses on organization and coordination. It helps track where exactly you are in the project and the correspondent timelines and responsibilities that have been assigned.
Roles and Responsibilities in PRINCE2: What you need to know
When it comes to using the PRINCE2 software, one thing is certain- the primacy of the Project Manager. Being a project management software, it accords the maximum importance to the Project Manager. You can compare the overall access, the power of adding or removing individuals from the point of view of a Super Admin.
The Project Manager selects the teams that will work on the project, sets the timelines according to the milestones that are to be reached and any other comments with regards to the specificities of the project.
In addition to the Project Manager and the internal teams, PRINCE2 also allows for the clients to be given access. This has been done with the intention of making the clients aware of how far the project completion has progressed and acquainting them with the teams that are working on it.
This helps save a lot of time and effort in terms of externally informing the client about the project status. The Project Board is another critical component of the PRINCE2 software. It helps put all the details, reports, and other items like problems and challenges that the project is likely to face.
Features of PRINCE2 that make it an Excellent Project Management Software:
In this section, we list down some of the major features that make PRINCE2 an attractive project management software.
- PRINCE2 comes with real-time tracking and updates that can allow one to exactly know the precise status of a project. This helps avoid confusion, saves the lie, and builds credibility for the organization leading the project.
- The software is equipped to show data and other information with the help of interactive and engaging charts, graphs, and progress bars. This helps break down the project completion and visually depict the same using graphs and charts.
- If you want, you can also use the PRINCE2 software as a work management tool. In other words, with so much remote work taking place, promoting coordination among the employees can be possible using the software.
The Bottom Line:
There is a reason why international governments and billion-dollar businesses use PRINCE2. It is simple, effective, and detailed in every sense of the term. It allows for better cross-team promotions, cuts inefficiency, and fosters collaboration to ensure projects are completed within their allotted timelines.