It is not uncommon for people involved in a car crash to be unsure of what they should do after the accident.
The circumstances may seem overwhelming, and there may be concerns about whether the other driver will be held accountable for their actions.
Philadelphia car accident lawyers can help you through this process by investigating your crash and developing strategies for recovering compensation from responsible parties.
Why Hire A Car Accident In Philadelphia?
When someone has been injured in a car accident, it is important to contact an attorney immediately after the incident. This will ensure no mistakes are made during the investigation or filing of a court case.
An experienced attorney will know what steps need to take immediately after an accident so they can begin working on getting compensation for their client. Philadelphia residents can benefit from car accident lawyers.
How Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You?
1. Investigate Your Crash
When you hire an attorney, they will investigate your crash and determine whether you have any grounds for legal action.
This will include gathering evidence about the crash, speaking with witnesses, and reviewing police reports. By taking these steps, your attorney can determine if there was negligence by another driver or party that caused the crash or contributed to it in any way.
If so, they will pursue compensation for damages suffered because of this negligence through settlement negotiations or litigation in court.
2. Help You Get Compensation
Your car accident attorney will negotiate compensation for:
- Medical Bills: The cost of treating injuries sustained in an accident can be staggering. Auto accident lawyers work hard to make sure that victims get compensation for all their medical expenses related to the accident. This includes emergency room visits and treatment from doctors and specialists due to the car accident.
- Lost Wages: If you cannot work after being injured, an auto accident lawyer will help ensure that you receive compensation for lost wages from missed work and any future loss of earnings potential because of permanent disability caused by the crash.
- Non-economic Damages: Damages aren’t just limited to financial losses; victims also deserve compensation for emotional damage. They are awarded as part of a personal injury claim after an accident. They include compensation for physical pain and mental anguish caused by the accident (e.g., loss of quality of life).
3. Negotiate With Insurance Companies On Your Behalf
Insurance companies are not something most people enjoy dealing with after a crash. You can save yourself the trouble by having your attorney handle this correspondence. Insurance companies might want you to believe they are looking out for your best interests, but they are businesses. As a business, they are not prone to paying out hefty settlements.
If you want to receive fair compensation for your auto accident, you must have an attorney on your side. Lawyers specializing in car accident lawyers have years of experience dealing with big insurance companies and complex personal injury law. Their goal is to reach a fair agreement on your behalf.
4. Protect You From Debt Collectors
When you are involved in a car accident, your primary focus should be on your recovery and health. However, expenses associated with serious car crashes can be outrageous, resulting in relentless debt collectors. Dealing with hospital staff or debt collectors should be the last thing on your mind.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act allows auto accident attorneys to protect you from illegal harassment.
Debt collectors often use unlawful tactics like threats and scare tactics. In addition to defending you against these activities, your attorney will inform the collectors of your case’s progress.
5. Help You Fill A Court Case
Philadelphia is a no-fault state but permits injured victims to file a claim only if the other party was more at fault than the injured victim in the accident.
You can take your case to court if the other driver’s insurance company refuses to settle fairly and claims you shared some of the blame. The jury will determine your percentage of fault for the crash during the trial.
In addition to filing your case, your lawyer will ensure all the necessary documents are submitted. You can expect excellent and highly skilled legal representation in court.
Using all the evidence available, the lawyer will present your case strategically and use their tricks and tactics. This will increase your chances of obtaining full compensation and justice.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident and want to understand your rights and options, contact a car accident lawyer.
Qualified Philadelphia car accident lawyers will help you seek damages, recover your losses, and ensure that they protect your legal rights during the process.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re at fault or whether you’re dealing with a hit-and-run driver; having an expert on your side will enable you to make a full recovery from your losses.