These days, all the love goes to boneless skinless chicken breasts. Maybe because they cook quickly, they are healthy and they are cheap. Baked Chicken Thigh Recipe is very delicious. How about making a case for skin-on bone-in chicken thighs, because honestly, they are all-around better. Thighs are better because they contain more fat and as you know fatter means more flavor. Skin-on together with dark meat is a bit more extra fat, which makes a huge difference in the flavor. Is there really any delicacy more delicious than a crispy chicken skin?
Chicken thighs are not difficult in cooking, but compared to chicken breasts, they need a little more style especially if you want to bake them. Just follow the below simple rules and you will never have to sit through a single boring chicken dinner.
Baked Chicken Thigh Recipe Procedure You Need To Follow
Pat the chicken thighs dry:
This easy procedure makes a big difference when going through a garlic butter baked chicken thigh recipe because while baking, moisture forms steam that will provide you pale, flabby skin rather than delicious golden skin. Pick up a couple of paper towels and dab the thighs on each side.
Let the chicken thighs come to room temperature:
Placing out your chicken thighs to reach room temperature delivers huge things as the end result. Basically, if you bake your chicken cold, the outside cooks quicker than the inside which is colder, and the outside will be overcooked by the time the piece at the center reaches up to room temperature. Basically, it is simple to overcook chicken thighs when they are cold, therefore forming dry meat. The process does not take long, so you do not need to worry. Chicken thighs are quite tiny, so they will only take about thirty minutes to arrive at room temp. If you take them out at a similar same time as you preheat the oven, you will be good to go!
Generously season the thighs:
In a baked chicken thigh recipe, the thighs are better when seasoned generously. Season each side using salt and remember to not season the inside. While the thigh cooks, the salt will dissolve its way inside it, thus entirely flavoring every piece. Salt assists the meat in maintaining its moisture, making the thighs more juicy and plumper.
Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Thigh RecipeIngredients
- One unsalted butter maintained at room temperature
- One lemon zest
- Ground black pepper
- Five minced cloves garlic
- Kosher salt
- One tablespoon freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- One tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- One lb. quartered baby potatoes
- Three lb. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- One lemon, slit into rounds
Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Thigh RecipeDirections:
- Preheat your oven up to 425 degrees and pat the chicken thighs dry using a paper towel. Season the meat using pepper and salt.
- Stir thyme, lemon zest, garlic, and butter together inside a medium bowl.
- Rub the butter mixture on the chicken thighs.
- Put chicken thighs, potatoes and lemon rounds inside a 9″-x-13″ baking dish. Bake the thighs until it registers 160°F on an instant-read thermometer, about thirty-five minutes.