Do you know Which Was A Real Star Wars Based Breakfast Cereal Sold In The 1980s? I am sure you are looking for the answer everywhere, and that is why you are here. Well, at first, be assured that you will get your desired response to this question here. Now, let’s begin.
In the 1980s, a real breakfast, Star Wars Cereal, was sold in the market with packaging that is almost similar to boxes of any other sugary cereals. If you are from that era or have seen the box, you must have noticed the logo in front, haven’t you?
But don’t you want to know which brand used to manufacture “star wars” based breakfast cereal in the 1980s? The answer, along with several other facts about the brand, is waiting in the section below. So take a quick look right now.
Which Was A Real Star Wars Based Breakfast Cereal Sold In The 1980s?
“Star Wars” is an emotion in the kids of the 1970s. Indeed, it is one of the best creations in the history of American films and on a global scale. So aren’t you interested to know which Star Wars-based cereal dominated the market in the 1980s?
Well, the answer is C-3PO!
Wait, are you confused about what it is and from where it suddenly came? Relax, here is all you are looking for!
Have you come across the brand Kellogg’s? Of course, you have; who doesn’t know the producer of yummy, crunchy Chocos? In 1984, Kellog’s introduced a product named C-3PO, which was considered to be a fresh force at breakfast.
Kellog’s used to manufacture single-serving packaged boxes of C-3PO cereal as a segment of multi-pack grains. However, the box of this real breakfast cereal was super exciting as it used to come with Star Wars Trading cards and Stickers along with Rebel Rocket. In addition, it had Star Wars masks of plastic as well as a cool offer with real Star War Figures.
By any chance, are you wondering if you can get to see one now? Unfortunately, at present, these boxes have reached the path of extinction. Even if you search for them across the corners of the world, there are no chances that you would find a single one.
Hey, did you get disheartened? Alright, we have found another way through our research that would help you bring the antique box of C3PO to your possession. You can buy crates of 30-year-old C-3POs from eBay sellers at $75/quantity.
Some Fast Facts Regarding Kellog’s C-3PO You Cannot Miss
You are not satisfied merely knowing the product name – right? It’s pretty natural now to have more queries or questions about the particular breakfast cereal. So let yourself dive into some more exciting facts about which was a real star wars based on breakfast cereal sold in the 1980s?
There are so many informative details about this Star Wars-influenced breakfast cereal that you have not heard before. But I am sure you will love to listen to these now!
Thus I will be taking you now through some more exciting particulars about C-3PO in the following segment.
- When Kellogg’s showed C-3PO is one of the market-leading commercials, fans were fascinated to see such an advertisement like this.
It is because Anthony Daniels, the lead actor of Star Wars, reiterated his role as the iconic golden protocol Droid in advertisements.
Another reason for this delight was his movie character image that appeared on the body of the jet-propelled cereal box. So naturally, this made the then fans too thrilled.
- After its arrival in the market in 1984, it got the tag “A New Force At Breakfast.” In addition, the shape of the cereals inside the box was like two look-alike rings intertwined with each other. As a result, it created a shape of 8.
- Which Was A Real Star Wars Based Breakfast Cereal Sold In The 1980s? it will no longer be a big question for you after this article you read.
You may wonder why the name is C-P3O when it looks like 8; there is nothing like “3” or “O.” Believe me, it’s just the brand’s product decision regarding physical attributes; nothing else.
- Later, its name changed to Pro-Grain after the brand’s tie with Star Wars loosened due to internal troubles. Hence, they started marketing it in partnership with sports commercials.
- Only a few know about a green edition of the C-P3O. It had printed pictures from Return Of The Jedi at the back.
- Cut-out masks of Star Wars figures like Luke Skywalker were included in the cereal packages. To the kids and teenagers of that time, it was truly an added slice of joy.
- Unexpectedly, during this 21st century, the Internet’s fixation with cereals has gone on the wrong track. Consequently, C3PO has gradually obsoleted.
- The breakfast cereal C-3PO served was really delicious. The 3 key gold ingredients were – Oats, wheat, and corn. Nevertheless, here is not the end! You will also find 10 micronutrients in it crucial for physical and mental well-being.
- Actually, what was more important than the cereal inside was the Box. The box was everything to the kids of that time! As an add-on, the box had all kinds of actions, sensations, and joy of the 20th century’s popular hype – Star Wars.
Are you satisfied with the answer to which was a real star wars based breakfast cereal sold in the 1980s? Or still, have questions? – Shower them in the comment area, and we would respond to them quickly. Which Was A Real Star Wars Based Breakfast Cereal Sold In The 1980s? It can make things easier for you.
Summing It Up
I hope you have your answer to the query – which was a real star wars based on breakfast cereal sold in the 1980s? No wonder that famous brands like this have some specific trivia or fast facts. However, most of the time, they remain unexplored. Undoubtedly, these facts are not only entertaining but also capable of optimizing your general knowledge.
So if you feel that you have benefited from this post, make sure to hit the Like button and spread the word amongst others.
Do you want to add any of your valuable opinions to this? Put them in the comment section; we are listening!