4 Tips for choosing a good kitchen tap
In the design of your kitchen, you’re sure you’re thinking about the style of cabinets, floors, and appliances. What many do not know is that the kitchen sink can have a big role in its design. Although it is only used to wash dishes, rinse food and wash hands, the kitchen sink has an impact on the design of the kitchen. There are many old styles, but also in these last years, a lot of designs and different functions have appeared. And in fact of all the accessories and appliances, the kitchen tap is probably the one we use the most.
It is said that the average family uses the Kitchen Faucets more than 40 times a day. So when you choose a tap you have to be one that at the same time falls well with the design of your kitchen, that does its job well and that it is durable. Now we will see the elements to consider when choosing your future kitchen tap.
What to see in the best kitchen faucets :
- Take a look at your current sink to decide if you want to maintain the same design and functions when choosing a new faucet. If you are going to keep the sink, then you have to be able to use the holes that are already on the surface of the sink. From there you can decide if you want to add a spray hose or a dispenser. You can also decide to buy a new sink, especially if you choose a tap mounted on the deck and the current one is mounted on the wall.
- When you start your search you will have to make decisions between peak type, height and number of shooters. Many people are opting for the peelable spray system for the type of nozzle, but you can always get a side-mounted spray hose. The height can vary from 10 to 18 inches so choosing the right height will be based on the size of your sink. You can always get cold and hot handles but most of the pull-out faucets have only one handle. The style of the beak is something to consider. The “swan neck” or high arc taps are a trend since it allows more space for cleaning large pots or other tasks.
- Everyone will have their own style and sure you too, for example, the chrome-plated brass is a popular finish that many choose. The solid brass keys with ceramic disc valves are used to control the flow of water and this makes it last longer. Again, make sure the kitchen design matches the tap style. The taps can also vary in their angles, curves, and details. When choosing materials and finishes whether nickel, bronze, black, stainless steel, etc., be sure to buy accessories such as soap dispensers from the same collection because if they are from different manufacturers, the finish varies slightly.
- For a more durable faucet, choose stainless steel, solid brass or a faucet with a ceramic disc valve. A heavier tap will indicate better quality. The solid brass ones last longer. Faucets with plastic parts do not last, are cheaper and over time you may have to replace it with additional cost. We already saw the tips for choosing a kitchen tap, now I want to emphasize more about some types of faucets and how each one can serve you.
Read Also :
- List of Most Durable Kitchen Flooring