The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and the sky is a cloudless, wonderful blue. When summer is in the air, the only thing that makes it even more enjoyable is the perfect summer dress!
Be it a relaxing day at the beach, a bright brunch party or a gorgeous day at the park, a summery sundress is one that you absolutely cannot go wrong with during the season. However, to have a completely enjoyable experience, it is important that you find a summer outfit that matches your body type.
We know this might sound daunting at first, but with a bit of help from our handy blog post, you can find the summer dress of your dreams!
Figuring Out Your Body Type.
The beauty of the human race lies in the fact that no two bodies are the exact same. With that in mind, there are broad categories into which different types of bodies can be clustered. We have explained a few of them below for you to understand:
- Pear Shape Bodies – In this type, the hips are wider than the shoulders with a defined waist.
- Apple Shape Bodies – In this type, the shoulders are broader than the hips with a filled-out bust.
- Rectangle Shape Bodies – In this type, the hips, waist and shoulder are of similar width, and the waist is not as clearly marked.
- Hourglass Shape Bodies – In this type, the hips and bust are about the same size, with a cinched waist in between them.
- Triangle Shape Bodies – In this type, your shoulders are much broader than your hips, while the waist is well-defined.
Stand in front of a full-length mirror and use our guide to help you see what body type you fall under.
The Summer Dresses That Match Your Body Type.
Now that you have a basic sense of your own body, it is time to see which summer dresses will look most chic on you.
- Pear Shaped Bodies: A-Line Dresses – Bodies shaped like pears look fantastic in A-line dresses on account of how these dresses flare out towards the bottom. This style accentuates the waist further and sits loose on the hips. A-line dresses also make the shoulders and arms look a little wider, balancing out the figure nicely.
- Apple Shaped Bodies: Empire-Waist Dresses – The empire waist style is tight up to the underbust and then flows downwards, creating an extremely flattering silhouette. They highlight the slimmest part of the upper body, and their lengthy cut elongates the bottom half. Ties and bows under the chest area amplify the body even more. The same can be said of low-cut necklines as well.
- Rectangle Shaped Bodies: Sheath Dresses – Sheath dresses work wonders for bodies that are shaped rectangularly because of how they hug every curve, enhancing how they look. Soft, satiny materials that sit snugly on the body are an excellent choice while long dresses add a statuesque feel to the overall fit.
- Hourglass Shaped Bodies: Wrap Dresses – A wrap dress is exactly as the name suggests, a figure-hugging outfit that emphasises a small waist and, consequently, shows off a curvy hip and bust. This is why they are the perfect choice for women with hourglass bodies. Silky fabrics make a cinched waist look even more tiny while stiffer materials give it a crisp feel.
- Triangle Shaped Bodies: Halter Neck Dresses – There is truly nothing like a sleek halter neckline that screams summertime! These backless beauties are perfect for ladies with triangular bodies because of how they draw attention to broad shoulders. Wide shoulders and collar bones also shine in strapless or tube dresses.
Other Things To Keep In Mind When Picking Out A Summer Dress.
- Find a fun fabric – Since summer is the hottest time of the year, it is best that you choose lightweight fabrics like cotton, linen and chiffon. These will keep you looking your best without breaking a sweat, quite literally!
- Always accessorise – Yes, your dress can be the centrepiece, but it can still be elevated with some carefully curated accessories. Add a pair of earrings, a bold chain or an eye-catching pair of heels to seal the deal on your sartorial sense!
In conclusion, we just want to tell every woman that she can look amazing no matter what kind of body she has! As long as you seek out flattering items that match your personality and energy, you will glow brighter than the sun, even on the hottest day of summer!
Read Also :