If you want your air conditioner to perform well at all times, you will need to ensure that you maintain and clean the parts of the air conditioner on a regular basis. If you schedule your maintenance as per the requirement of the AC, then it is great. However, in some cases, people like to clean their AC themselves. If you are one of them, you might be interested to know how to clean evaporator coil without removing it when you have a dirty evaporator coil.
In this article, we will basically talk about why you need to clean your AC’s evaporator coil and how to clean evaporator coil without removing the coil from the AC. Before that, you will also know about what happens to the air conditioner when the evaporator gets dirty.
What Happens When Your AC Coil Gets Dirty?
If the evaporator coil of your AC is unclean, it puts your AC at risk. It compromises the safety and working efficiency of the AC in general. In the first, an unclean evaporator coil slows down the speed at which the air blows through the AC, as it blocks the flow of the air. If the evaporator coil contains other materials and particles like pollen and dust, it limits the efficiency of the flow of air.
The following things happen when there is an unclean evaporator coil inside the air conditioner:
1. If the evaporator coil is dirty or clogged with particles, then it reduces the flow of air into your home. If there is a reduced flow of air inside your home, it will lead to a lowering of the efficiency of the cooling system of the AC. Your room takes a lot of time to cool than it normally takes, probably your evaporator coil needs cleaning.
2. There might be some cases where your room is not achieving a good level of cooling, despite running the AC for hours at a stretch. In such cases, the problem is probably more than a delay in the cooling performance of the AC. Basically, it is a negative effect on the AC’s cooling capacity.
3. Another great issue that happens when the evaporator coil of your AC gets dirty is that the operating pressure increases. This increases the temperature level of the AC, as the unit is working at hotter levels. This is not good for the AC as it damages the components of the AC.
4. An unclean evaporator coil creates wear on the AC system. If one important part of the AC fails to work properly, the other parts follow suit. This is because there is more pressure on the other components of the AC. Hence, the other parts are more likely to get damaged due to the failure of one part. Therefore, you will end up with a damaged AC altogether, and repairing it will be quite expensive for you.
5. If your AC’s evaporator coil gets compromised and does not work properly, then it affects the performance of the other parts of the AC. Hence, your AC unit will have a shorter life. If you want your AC unit to perform well and serve your home for a long time, you will need to ensure that every part of your AC is clean, especially the evaporator coil.
Why Do You Need Your Air Conditioner Coil Clean?
You will not need to spend a lot on the repairs of the AC. Regular maintenance will keep out the issues from the AC that need repair. Before any problem turns into a bigger one, you can fix it with regular maintenance. Apart from that, if you keep your evaporator coil clean always, it will not accumulate dust and hence will perform better as a result.
How To Clean AC Coils? – Things You Need?
The first thing you will obviously need for your AC cleaning is an air conditioner coil cleaner. Apart from that, you will need a cotton cloth for cleaning the coil. For your own protection, wear protective goggles, and wear gloves on your hand for better protection. Furthermore, ensure that you are following the instructions properly while you are cleaning your AC’s evaporator coil.
How To Clean Evaporator Coil Without Removing?
The evaporator coil basically captures all the heat present in your home to condition the air inside. Apart from the evaporator coil, there is a condenser coil in the AC, which removes the air from the AC to the outside of the house.
This is the way in which the AC works in colling the house. Since an evaporator is an important part of your air conditioner, hence keeping it clean will enable you to keep your air conditioner always efficient. However, if your question is, “How to clean AC evaporator coils inside house?” then you need to read the next subsection of this article.
Read More: Here’s What Makes Package Units Better than the Other ACs
AC Coil Cleaners – How To Clean Evaporator Coil Without Removing?
The following are the ways in which you can clean the evaporator coil of your AC without removing it from the AC:
Step 1: Turn down the power of the AC, and unplug the machine from the electric port. You will not need an electricity risk for yourself while cleaning.
Step 2: Remove the access panel from the AC to see the evaporator coil clearly. Go over the manual of the AC, if required. The manual has instructions on where you can find the access panel.
Step 3: Take the access panel off, and remove the screws from the AC. Keep the screws in a safe place.
Step 4: To blow the unclean particles off, try using a compressed air canister. This will help you to easily loosen the dirt on the evaporator coil.
Step 5: Put back the screws, as well as the access panel. Your evaporator coil is clean.
Hope the article helped you in knowing how to clean evaporator coil without removing it from the AC. Cleaning your AC is a part of the maintenance operation of the AC. If you maintain your AC on a regular basis, it will offer you a lot of benefits. There will be less hassle and issues on your AC as a result of regular maintenance and cleaning. If you clean the parts of your AC, your AC will look and perform as if it is fully new.
Leave a Reply