If you have been dreaming a lot about sausages lately, I am sure the thought of how to cook sausage has also struck your mind. Well, let me tell you that cooking this tasty, meaty delicacy does not require any top-notch skill. Check out own the grill for additional grilling strategies, guides, and tips on making the perfect grill recipes
To cook sausages perfectly, what one requires is patience. It has been found that people often face many challenges while cooking sausages. These issues can be that while the exterior of the sausages gets cooked, the insides remain raw. You can also StoneFryingPans for more info on cooking.
Also, the sausages might end up being dry, or the casings might split as well. However, I earnestly request you not to worry. Since I am here now, I will guide you to understand and learn every aspect of cooking perfect sausages. You can also visit how-to-boil.com for more information about the same.
What Is A Sausage?
A sausage is a meat product, or to be more specific, a type of forcemeat. It is generally composed of ground meat, such as beef, pork, and even poultry. Some seasonings, herbs, and spices are also added for flavors.
These forcemeats are then enclosed in a casing made of animal intestines or synthetic materials. A huge variety of sausages are available across the world that are native to the places where they are found.
What Are The Different Types Of Sausage?
There is a basic classification of sausages based on a lot of features. From the types of ingredients used to the various cooking procedures, all are taken into consideration while differentiating between sausages.
It can be primarily classified as cooked, fresh, and dry sausages. Sausages also vary according to regional influences. American sausage, Italian sausage, German sausage, and many more sausages have been extremely popular around the world.
Some of these are Cumberland sausage from the UK, Haggis from Scotland, Saucisson and Chipolata from France, Bratwurst sausage from Germany, Chorizo sausage from Spain, Mortadella sausage from Italy, and many more.
Various Ways Of How To Cook Sausage
The best way to cook sausage is to tailor it to the preferences of your taste buds. You would also find sausages that could be eaten raw like the Chorizo. However, most other sausages need to be cooked before consumption.
Whether you want to know how to cook breakfast sausage or some Italian sausage, let me tell you that these can all be cooked in a similar way. Now, with the evolution of modern cookery, many recipes have been developed for cooking sausages. But, here we will focus on the basic methods of sausage cookery:
How To Boil Sausage?
Boiling a sausage is one of the easiest ways to learn how to cook the sausage. If you are thinking boiling a sausage is some very difficult task, then you are wrong. It is as simple and similar as boiling any other food item.
Boiling a sausage will allow the hot water to pierce through the meat and cook the interior part more evenly. It will have a soft, tender texture rather than a crispy one.
- Take a saucepan and fill it with enough water.
- Increase the heat and bring it to a boil.
- With the help of tongs, place the sausages in the saucepan.
- Reduce the heat and keep it on simmer.
- Add some salt to the water.
- For flavoring, you can opt to add some wine, beer, or stock.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the sausages cook for about 15-30 minutes, depending on the size.
- Remove the lid, take the sausages out and dry them with some paper towel.
How To Grill Sausage?
Grilling is a form of high-temperature cooking that allows the food to get cooked by the application of dry heat. In this method of cooking, the heat might be applied from above, or below, or even from the sides. It is often stated by health professionals that grilling sausage might lead to the formation of potentially hazardous compounds in the food.
However, nothing beats our love for sausages, so you might compromise on your health a bit this time. Grilling the sausages will eventually turn them brownish in color with grill marks on the body.
- Salt and pepper
- For this cooking method, the most important thing that you need is a griller.
- Make sure the temperature is higher on one side while lower on the other.
- As the griller gets heated, spill and spread a tablespoon of oil over it.
- Use tongs and place the sausage on the hotter side of the grill.
- Grill them for a minute or two and cook on both sides to get the marks.
- As they acquire a deep-brownish color and start to burn, immediately move them to the cooler side of the grill using tongs.
- On this side, cook the sausages slowly for about 10-15 minutes.
- When they are done, remove from the grill and sprinkle some salt over.
How To Bake Sausage?
Baking is a great way that can help you learn how to cook sausage in the oven. Baking is also a dry method of cooking that involves the application of high heat. This method makes the sausages taste more interesting than ever.
There are also very few chances of the item getting burnt in an oven. Here, the heat is gradually distributed from the surface to the interiors of the food. A baked sausage often has a crispy texture and appears to be light-brownish in color.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- While the oven is heating, take a baking tray and brush it with a very little amount of butter or oil.
- If you want to make it more delicious, you can brush some butter over the sausages and add some chopped garlic to them.
- Place the sausages evenly apart on the tray.
- Put the filled tray inside the oven.
- Let the sausages get cooked for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size.
- You can turn the sausages once in between to get them evenly cooked.
- Once they are cooked, take the sausages out.
- Sprinkle some freshly chopped herbs and some grated cheese over the sausage.
Well, I haven’t seen you cook yet, but I am certain that you have learned about the basics of how to cook sausage after reading this article. Aren’t these methods excessively simple? Yes, I knew you would agree with me.
So when the love for sausage is there, and the grill is on fire, what on earth is stopping you? It is your time to relish such a delectable piece of food.