General industrial, automotive, consumer goods, and technology hardware are considered to be among the largest end-user markets for discrete industrial automation. For instance, process automation aids resource industries which nearly accounts for half of the overall demand. This occupies the largest share which comes from the Oil and Gas industry.
General Overview Of The Global Automation Market:
Due to rapid development in technology, process monitoring has also improved and impacted the automation market trends. Factors such as manufacturing productivity of industries worldwide and their efficiency are showing results. According to experts, industrial automation primarily focuses on automation which has an operational strategy aimed to minimize manual work in various industrial setups such as manufacturing or production processes.
The market for industrial automation is expanding at a high rate because it exhibits favorable advantages such as the reduction of CAPEX and OPEX along with ensuring improved product quality. Additionally, it also improves flexibility, the efficiency of the process of manufacturing, the average product yield and at the same time ensures optimum utilization of industrial space. Major players that dominate the industrial automation market globally include Mitsubishi Electric, ABB Ltd, Adept Technology, Honeywell Solutions, Bosch, Emerson Electric, Schneider Electric, Yaskawa Electric, and General Electric.
Role Of Advanced Technologies In Industrial Automation:
Various techniques of automation such as IT systems, equipment designing, robotics, artificial intelligence (AI) as well as execution through statistics is involved in deriving foolproof industrial automation.
One of the most commonly used equipment for automation is a Ding Technological Distributed Control System (DCS). Along with this, other emerging developments such as logic controllers which are programmable, conveyor belts, and human-machine interfaces are also emerging and are directly impacting the automation industry across corporates and big organizations. Application of robust digital and intelligent technologies is cost-effective as the organizations have a machine to the jobs of a human resource. Automation also reaps accurate, precise and timely results while simultaneously eliminating the scope of human errors.
Key Drivers Of The Industrial Automation Market:
Key drivers directly impacting the market of industrial automation include a rise in demand from the organizations in developing economies to help them make better decisions. The high cost of the automation equipment and their security concerns are restricting the growth of the industry. The machinery output in terms of production is further seen as one of the key factors boosting the industrial automation market. Further, an increase in the sustainability and efficiency of energy planning alongside smart technologies in the emerging economies is expected to boost market growth.
Career Opportunities In Industrial Automation Industry:
Currently, the U.S. and Europe are the largest markets for industrial automation and have a variety of career opportunities in the industry.
- Employees from these regions are applying for job opportunities in the field of data sciences, operational plannings, mechanical engineering, metallurgical engineering as well as other IT fields. Along with this, those graduated from industries such as oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, pulp manager, power plants, petrochemicals, and mining also have job opportunities to help mechanical engineers better design and structure the devices used for automation.
- A growing number of institutes in regions of Asia Pacific are producing graduates who specialize in product designing. They are trained in formulating the designs for devices and plans for industrial automation along with ensuring their cost-effectiveness, maintenance possibilities as well as their environmental friendliness.
- Favorable policies in developed and developing nations are ensuring the corporate relocation industry to further expand with a rise in international recruitment. APAC offers a high population of industries that seek plans for industrial automation in order to optimize manufacturing and supply-chain processes, which further is seeking employees robust in statistics, analytics, and data sciences.
- Apart from this, there is an extensive requirement in the sector of Research and Development. Other than having the capability to establish fully functional automation tools and techniques, researchers are expected to have a masters degree along with a Ph.D. in electronics, electrical engineering or mechanical engineering. There is an increase in the number of government institutes, think tanks, environmental NGOs as well as organizations devoted to scientific research which are hiring as well as training employees in the field of industrial automation.
Currently, manufacturers are seeking ways to transform their business operations on the global front which uses process automation in the value chain as well. Process automation, which means, automating a specific process through the use of upcoming technologies is the new trend among major players across various industries. Thorough integration of all the processes across various operations is a requirement regardless of the geographical location of the automation facilities as well as operations. Considering the widespread applications of industrial automation and its demand at a global level, career opportunities in the market are abundant.
- Why Sensors Are Essential In Machine Automation
- What You Need To Know About Mini Power Packs
- Main Factors That Affect Trading Decisions
- Why Off-Plan Investment Is Beneficial For Expats
- 4 Considerations Before Investing In An Oil Change Franchise Under 100k
- 5 Things To Take Into Account To Hire Custom Software Development Services