Elon Musk To Introduce New Products That Will Challenge YouTube And LinkedIn

Published on: 02 November 2023 Last Updated on: 29 December 2025
inner-img

The social media site X formerly known as Twitter, has said that YouTube and LinkedIn are future competitors while they pursue new business lines in video and hiring.

Elon Musk, owner, and Chief Executive Officer Linda Yaccarino have called out the social media sites during an all-company meeting on Thursday. The company commemorated Musk’s one-year anniversary of his takeover on Twitter Inc. The duo has also revealed plans to create a news wire service called Xwire, which will be going up against Cision’s PR Newswire.

The meeting was a first of its kind as they addressed the company together. The latter was hired as the company CEO in May and crossed over from NBCUniversal. She was in charge of the partnerships and advertising.

Yaccarino has been focused on rebuilding relationships with advertisers, while Musk has been revamping the product itself, according to the report. He introduced premium subscriptions, redefined account verification, and implemented a community-driven fact-checking system called Community Notes.

Musk being the world’s richest man, has closed a $44 billion deal to buy Twitter on October 27 last year. He fired most of the executives and cut or sparked resignations from most of the employees. Advertisers have fled the platform and are not showing signs of wanting to come back. Both the executives have touted record amounts of time spent on the platform, counting 500 million users. However, some third-party estimates have revealed the numbers have gone down since last year.

In a Thursday post on the social media platform, the X account said the platform has added more than 100 features over the last 12 months while giving users a chance to weigh in and suggest ideas.

The post on X read, “Our goal is simple: to make X the coolest and most enjoyable place on the internet. This includes maximizing prosperity for content creators, enabling better/more authentic conversations, and giving you more tools to express yourself.”

Read Also:

Content Rally wrapped around an online publication where you can publish your own intellectuals. It is a publishing platform designed to make great stories by content creators. This is your era, your place to be online. So come forward share your views, thoughts and ideas via Content Rally.

View all posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related

YouTube Ends Premium Lite Plans After 2 Year Trial Period

YouTube Ends Premium Lite Plans After 2 Year Trial Period! Get Your Deets

In a recent development, YouTube has decided to discontinue its Premium Lite subscription plan, which had been on a two-year trial run. Subscribers to this lower-cost ad-free video viewing option will no longer have access to it after October 25th, 2023. Launched at €6.99 per month back in 2021, YouTube's Premium Lite was initially available in select European countries, including Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden. The plan offered an ad-free viewing experience across all of YouTube's apps and formats. However, it did not include additional Premium features such as offline downloads, background playback, or access to YouTube Music. For existing Premium Lite subscribers, this discontinuation leaves them with two choices: return to watching YouTube with ads or upgrade to the pricier YouTube Premium, which includes YouTube Music. YouTube is offering Lite subscribers a one-month free trial of YouTube Premium, even if they've had a trial before. https://twitter.com/LillianN86366/status/1710453574411653354 To take advantage of this offer, subscribers will need to either cancel their Lite subscription or wait for it to be canceled automatically. It's worth noting that YouTube had previously increased the prices of its Premium and Music subscriptions in the United States earlier this year. Which is why a number of people canceled their YouTube premium membership. In an email to its users, YouTube stated, "We’re writing to let you know that after 25 October 2023, we will no longer be offering your version of Premium Lite. While we understand that this may be disappointing news, we continue to work on different versions of Premium Lite as we incorporate feedback from our users, creators, and partners." The discontinuation of Premium Lite has prompted disappointment among subscribers. Premium Lite might not have been widely known outside the select European regions where it was available, but for those who appreciated ad-free viewing without the added features of YouTube Premium, it filled a niche that's now left wanting.YouTube's decision to end Premium Lite leaves subscribers with important decisions to make regarding their viewing experience, and the move has sparked conversations about the evolving landscape of YouTube subscriptions. Keep Reading About: AI Coaching Comes To LinkedIn Learning: AI-Powered Innovations To Revolutionize News For Investors!! Pinterest’s Exciting Partnership With Amazon Is A Game-Changer For Shareholders!

READ MOREDetails
Las Vegas Transformation

NFL’s Roger Goodell Praises Las Vegas Transformation 

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, spoke at a Las Vegas Super Bowl LVIII Host Committee brunch in Tuesday and he praised the city's shift in image in the last few years which has led them to land the league's championship game. Goodell also touched on other topics like the game's global appeal in a 25-minute sit down with Las Vegas Raiders president Sandra Douglass Morgan that also included appearances by other sports executives from premier leagues such as the UFC, the NHL's Golden Knights, the WNBA's Aces, Formula 1 and the NBA. Goodell addressed the crowd and said, "You really have become Sports Town USA. You really have, and that vision was set out, that vision was clear. We wanted to be a part of it, and I think when that happened, everything seemed to change and the stadium obviously is a key component of that. It's one of the reasons we struggled in Oakland is being able to get a long-term stadium that would work for us. Great news is this is home for us, so we're glad to be here." https://twitter.com/stevemcomedy/status/1732161471310901540?s=20 He added, "I'm going to credit this community because I think you've changed the city on a global basis. It is an extraordinary entertainment city and I think people see this city in a different way. Sports may be part of that, but we're all part of, I think every one of the sports that are represented here today would say that you've changed that, you've changed that narrative, you've changed that image, you've changed that platform. And I think, I probably would not have said 10 years ago, that I would see myself sitting here for a Super Bowl. But I'm not surprised." When Douglass Morgan asked whether Las Vegas would be in a "rotation" for the Suoer Bowl, Goodell laughed."We don't have a rotation of Super Bowls," he said, "but I have no doubt this is going to be a successful Super Bowl. We'll be back here a lot for Super Bowls." Read More About: Which Nations Have the Greatest Disconnect Between Their People Sam Altman, The CEO Of OpenAI Joins Microsoft Adding Further To The Controversy

READ MOREDetails
Taylor Swift The 2023 Person Of The Year

Time Magazine Names Taylor Swift The 2023 Person Of The Year 

Time Magazine has not wasted any time crowning Taylor Swift the Person of The Year for 2023. Global music icon Taylor Swift has been a news staple throughout the year. She is now all set to grace the red border periodical's cover girl, adding yet another feather to her hat. She keeps proving each time that she is not going out of style any time soon. Swift has been among the biggest musical acts around the world with her shrewd business acumen. She is seamlessly helming an entertainment empire that has collected $1 billion according to several estimates. Time editor Sam Lansky writes the piece. He said, "But this year, something shifted. To discuss her movements felt like discussing politics or the weather —a language spoken so widely it needed no context. She became the main character of the world." Swift has been performing to huge crowds in her ongoing Eras Tour which will be continuing next year with international dates in cities such as Paris, London and Tokyo. One company has estimated that her U.S. leg of the tour alone could generate nearly $5 billion in consumer spending. Additionally she has released a concert film called Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour which is a 3-hour IMAX movie culled from her Los Angeles performances that allows more fans to witness the show. The distributor, AMC theaters earned more than $250 million on the film as of late last month. Swift's sky-rocketing success both on and off screen will be to speak nothing of her personal life that has equally taken center stage. Her latest tryst with Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce has been highlighted more than ever before. "When you say a relationship is public," Swift told Time, "that means I'm going to see him do what he loves, we're showing up for each other, other people are there and we don't care." Swift has also inspired a big boost in voter registration with a single post on Instagram, she also played a part in the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Ticketmaster's practices while making billboard history simultaneously. All in a year's work and it isn't even over yet. Learn More About: Taylor Swift Postpones Rio Concert Following Fan’s Death: Safety Concerns Taylor Swift Is Topping The Charts On The U.K. Board With ‘1989 (Taylor’s Version)

READ MOREDetails