When preparing starters, salads, and other dishes using delicacies, it is necessary to remember the taste qualities and the rules of serving and etiquette.
The rules of the caviar club https://bestercaviarstore.com/pages/caviar-club state that it is crucial to choose the right spoon so as not to spoil the taste of the exquisite dish.
It is necessary to take into account the material of the tableware. For example, metal items have a characteristic flavor that spoils the delicacy. Bester Caviar experts will recommend the best caviar spoon material, considering all the features.
Why avoid using a metal spoon to eat caviar?
It is better to refuse such utensils because they will interfere with the taste of caviar. Especially when it comes to a device made of one material.
There are often spoons with a high concentration of the following metals:
All of them are not suitable for specialty products. For example, cookware made of alloys will not affect the taste. However, there are more suitable materials for such products. The main problem with caviar metal spoons is oxidation.
As a result, there is a change in the structure of the product on a chemical level. A delicacy is a very sensitive ingredient. Such transformations will have a negative impact not only on the taste but also on the structure. That is why tasters never use silverware.
Types of Caviar Spoons to Use
Even the most expensive silverware is not suitable for tasting. Furthermore, using such utensils when serving delicacies is considered a violation of etiquette.
Therefore, it is better to opt for appropriate kitchen utensils:
- The turtle shell is an exclusive material that is considered very scarce. It cannot be bought in a regular cookware store. In many countries, the sale of such items is considered a violation of the law. However, such utensils were used by monarchs in the organization of receptions. Many manufacturers make analogs, creating with the help of plastic and biomaterials something similar to a tortoise shell;
- bullhorn is another option, inspired by the traditions of past times. It was very often used for serving the festive table, on which many delicacies appeared. The material has a discreet color has maximum durability. It is distinguished by its environmental friendliness and is considered an excellent analog of mother-of-pearl utensils;
- wood is a less popular option for aesthetic reasons. Wood makes the delicacies visually cheaper but does not affect their taste. Such products quickly absorb moisture. The wood is stained beforehand. Before serving the dish, it is better to oil the cutlery in caviar oil;
- glass – the aesthetics of this material has always attracted the attention of gourmets with its smoothness and fragility. The structure is excessively delicate, which is more of a disadvantage than an advantage. Many people are deterred from this option by the transparency of the glass;
- Gold is the only metal that is used when serving delicacies. This serving will allow the host to emphasize his status. Caviar will color the spoon’s surface green, indicating the original origin of the precious metal.
However, there are other options.
Such kitchen utensils appear on the table in movies and TV shows when a table with caviar appears in the scene. It is an original material that combines two opposites – organic and inorganic. Pearl spoon caviar is made from clam shells.
The creation of a vivid contrast is another unique feature. The spoon shimmers when the grainy delicacy appears on it. Despite its smoothness, the product is characterized by maximum durability and reliability. Such cutlery will not affect the taste of the treat.
This option may seem too cheap to many people, especially in the context of serving with caviar. However, disposable plastic spoons are used quite often, not only in everyday life but also in expensive restaurants.
First, plastic utensils are very cheap, and it is possible to give each visitor a separate spoon. After use, they are disposed of, which is quite hygienic. Secondly, plastic in no way affects the taste of the delicacy.
Caviar dishes are interesting not only for their gastronomic properties. The popularity of this delicacy testifies to the continuity of generations and respect for traditions. But, of course, everyone wants to plunge into luxury. The exquisite dish will help, but only if the table is laid correctly. Unfortunately, metal cutlery demonstrates bad taste when serving a delicacy.