Technology is every bit a part of our lives in good times and in bad. For someone going through cancer, there is very little about the situation which you can control. Fortunately, technology is on your side. Mobile phone applications today are not only helping cancer patients in passing the time while between doctor’s appointments but are catered towards providing a patient-centered service with various features that were designed to help a patient manage the treatment and recovery process.
What is a cancer app?
The healthcare industry has long benefited from different mobile applications aimed at helping ordinary individuals manage their health. A cancer app, on the other hand, provides a more comprehensive approach towards aiding a patient at the onset of cancer diagnosis, until after remission and recovery.
Each application has different features, but the primary goal is the same – to help patients with treatment management. Some apps list detailed information about specific types of cancers as well as an option to write inquiries, record medication and symptoms, and have an overall convenient way to organize activities related to ongoing treatment. Some apps even have the option to record what goes on during a doctor’s appointment so that the patient can easily recall and be reminded of some important details.
Another helpful feature of these applications is the option for patients to connect with other patients similar to how a social media platform functions.
Examples of popular apps for cancer patients:
There are many options available out there and selecting the best one can be overwhelming. In choosing a cancer app to download and use, check the features and services first to determine which best suits your lifestyle and your needs.
- Belong app. What’s great about this application is that it is patient-centered in a way that it connects patients to a complete ecosystem of oncologists, researchers, nurses, and radiologists ready to answer your inquiries. Patients will not only receive the help they need from experts but from a network of other individuals who are also going through the same ordeal. The app is easy to navigate and provides you with a complete platform to manage and organize all your documents which you can also share with family members and medical professionals. The app also provides clinical trial matching service which can really make the change in a patient’s life.
- Keeping track of your medication, notes, and remembering your doctor’s advice can be incredibly overwhelming for a cancer patient. This app, in particular, simplifies the process with a host of features that help a patient manage each essential step of the treatment process. There is also a calendar which you can use to schedule appointments and set reminders.
Although these apps are already sophisticated, there is still much to be improved so that these apps benefit more patients in the future. If you go to the App Store or Google Play, you will see that there are hundreds of these applications, but only a select few have undergone extensive testing. If you are looking for a cancer app, you need to ensure that you take a close look at the features and read the reviews of each app to find the best one.
- Finding The Right Hospital
- Dominant Mobile App Trends To Keep An Eye On
- Can Breast Augmentation Cause Cancer?
- 5 Types Of Cancer Prominent In Women
- 7 Surprising Benefits Of Alkaline Foods