Social media has changed the concept of business marketing. A few years back, huge businesses with big budget promote their brand in a way which was even more appealing for the customers so their exposure was far better than Start-up businesses. Social media marketing, is a source which gives opportunity to the upcoming business holders to communicate with their clients via their social networking accounts so they can have a better chance to reach to a big audience. There are several popular social media platforms which people are using to promote their business without spending any extra cash. There are three main advantages which we can get from social media,
- A huge part of our society is using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram so it is easy for a new business owner to reach to a big audience in no time.
- When you gain some customers who rely on you for quality, they will start recommending your services/brand to others. New customers will then approach your page and you will have a bigger community for your brand.
- Reliability is not a single time earning, you have to improve your services to make your clients even happier with the products they are getting from you. When your clients will be able to contact you, they will ask for something they want from you and you can strengthen the bond between you and them by addressing their demands and replying to their concerns.
Seeing positively, we can enlist so many advantages of using social media to promote your business, the biggest advantage is that it is free of cost and you do not need to spare extra cash to advertise about your brand. But as the title says, we are not only looking at the advantages, we are taking a bigger view of what social media does when we use it to promote any start-up business.
As we are talking about start-up business, it is obvious that a new firm is not yet famous and it needs a lot of effort and a careful approach to pass things positively to the clients. Social media, at a point can be risky for start-up business promotion. You need to adopt a consistent strategic and professional tone while building your online community. Make sure to entertain each and every client who approaches you at your social media pages. You must keep some points in your mind while managing your social media accounts.
- Keep your tone steady and professional.
- Use simple language to chat with the clients.
- Never share any information at general chat panel when clients is asking for a specific service, discount or price, get to their inbox and send a message there.
- Keep one thing in your mind that you will never get positive responses only, there will be some people who can criticize you or even talk rudely to you, never get involved in absurd discussions, rather answer them politely If they address you directly.
- Make sure to update your content on regular basis.
- Never leave your accounts silent for a while, try posting some material daily.
- If you do not have time to manage your social media accounts, hire someone for this purpose but do not leave them unattended.
- Try to follow your competitor’s accounts to see what and how they are offering to the clients.
- Make sure to check famous brands’ pages to improve the quality of your service.
It needs a complete planning to set objectives and reach targeted audience in a specific time limit. You cannot just go where the waves take you, rather you need to check for each and every word which is being posted from your side. Keep one important thing in your mind, people get bored easily when they get simple sales messages from you or the content that is scheduled to be forwarded automatically, keep your messages personalized and live.
Concluding the discussion, we are giving you a short plan to work with social media to promote your start-up business. Before you take a plunge into the world of social media, wisely plan a few things.
What are you going to say to your audience?
Monitor your speech carefully while you are speaking to your audience. People do not like monotonous replies, keep your tone lively and friendly. Try to give them confidence that their concerns will be taken seriously. Don’t refuse to talk to anyone. It will cause serious damage to your reputation.
Who is going to take the responsibility to say?
Make sure that the member of your team who is going to reply your clients is a sharp, highly qualified and social person to handle this responsibility. Do not shift this responsibility so often, people like a familiar tone every time they try to contact you.
When you are going to say?
Another important thing to decide is when you are going to post your content, how often you are going to update your post wall, and what will be the schedule of your promotional posts.
Keep everything managed and well prepared and do not take social media as a piece of cake. Remember one thing, it is the best source to uplift your brand if used carefully and it can be the worst jerk to your business if not handled wisely.