The COVID-19 Pandemic resulted in the creation of a new working order that was only being used earlier in a sparing fashion. Remote working or work from home was models that were earlier employed by employees who could not make it to their offices because of some or other reason.
As the pandemic resulted in the closure of physical workspaces because of governmentally mandated protocols, businesses rushed towards adopting remote working models. This allowed businesses to stay afloat, run their operations, pay employees and carry on with economic sustenance.
In this article, we are going to look at a comprehensive guide on jobs remote. We are going to discover some of the benefits of it and prescribe how employees who are looking for full-time remote working opportunities should prepare themselves.
- 1 Remote Working: Meaning and Definition
- 2 Major Benefits of Ful-Time Remote Working Opportunities
- 3 5 Easy Steps to Help you Prepare for a Full-Time Remote Working Opportunity
- 4 The Bottom Line
Remote Working: Meaning and Definition
Remote working/teleworking/work from home is the process of an employee working for an organization, not within the confines of office space. In this working arrangement, an employee can work from anywhere for a business.
Remote working means that employees do not have to travel to their place of work. It means that employees are no longer bound to come to office space, showroom, or warehouse to do actual company work. Remote working necessitates the use of technology, digital platforms, and software to enable employees to connect with their managers, bosses, and colleagues.
Major Benefits of Ful-Time Remote Working Opportunities
Many studies conducted over the last few months have shown that remote working comes with its own sets of advantages for both employees as well as employers. In this section, we will try to shed some light on both.
Benefits For Employers-
- Data shows that remote working has allowed employees to become 13% more efficient and productive in terms of work output and task completion rates.
- Businesses who opt for remote working can save a lot of additional overhead costs that are part and parcel of an office setup.
- It has given businesses the ability to attract the best talents from any part of the world. This has opened up an exciting new prospect, which was earlier not possible.
- Studies have also shown that remote working has allowed for the creation of a fitter and leaner workforce with fewer employees taking sick or casual leaves.
- Finally, employers have smartly been able to add to the working hours as employees have on average been saving close to 5 hours on traveling to and from the office.
Benefits For Employees-
- The remote working model has allowed employees to spend more time with their family members and carry on a healthy mix of work-life balance.
- It has allowed for lesser travel stress, especially in developed countries of the world where traffic issues can lead to tensions and exhaustion.
- The rise of the Digital Nomad means an employee that is enjoying his stay in a location of their choice while working full-time with an organization.
- Remote working has also allowed employees to add to their savings. Whether it is the fuel or train costs, or additional money spent on lunches, everything is getting saved.
- Lastly, employees are being able to put in their best productivity and performance and winning a good chance of getting higher increments, bonuses, and promotions.
5 Easy Steps to Help you Prepare for a Full-Time Remote Working Opportunity
In this section, we are going to look at 5 easy steps that can help professionals prepare for a full-time remote working opportunity-
1. Create your Home Work Station/Office-
If you think you are going to work on the kitchen top one day and in the bedroom, the other, think again. You need to set up a separate and designated workspace or create a home office for work. This will bring in productivity, discipline and ensure all your official things are in one place and not getting lost. Systems, family photo frames, green plants, and so on can help.
2. Apply for Full-Time Remote Working Jobs-
Many businesses are using this bait to attract the best talent. However, you need to be very careful when applying for such jobs. It might be that the business is now working remotely, but can in the future ask the employees to come in. This is why choosing the best online job platforms that list 100% remote working opportunities should be preferred.
3. Create a Working Routine for the Day-
Working from home or remote working does not mean you are working for the first ten minutes and then doing something else. Remote working means you are setting aside office time just in the same way you would if you were working in the office. It is essential that you stick to the same in order to fulfill timelines, responsibilities, and expectations that have been set on you.
4. Start becoming familiar and using Remote Working Tools-
As someone who is looking to not step into a physical office again, you need to start understanding how remote working tools work. This is because you will be doing all of your work using them. Workflow software, video conferencing apps, and cybersecurity protocols are some areas that you need to know about before you start applying for opportunities.
5. Make Family Members understand ‘you are at work’-
In most families, if someone is working remotely, family members tend to take them less seriously. It is essential that you make your parents, partner, kids or fiancée understand that you will not be able to step aside from your system during working hours. This will prevent them from having any expectations from you during that period.
The Bottom Line
Remote working has been proven to result in happier employees and better-run business organizations. If done in the right fashion, it is a win-win situation for both the employee as well as the employer. A lot of friction between managers and employees can also become better if they are not occupying the same physical space day after day.
In this article, we have tried to discuss some of the major advantages of remote working for both employees as well as employers. We have also discussed some important ways how professionals looking to pursue full-time remote working opportunities should prepare themselves.
If you have any other questions, you would like us to address, or require clarifications on any points mentioned in the article, feel free to state them in the comments section below.