This article describes how to send and receive texts on an Apple Watch and receive notifications from WhatsApp. The guidelines pertain to WhatsApp on iPhones running iOS 9 or later.
There isn’t an official WhatsApp app for Apple Watch. That means you’re limited to the essential few features. You can reply by selecting from a list of short, easy responses and getting message notifications on your Apple Watch.
Here is how you can set up WhatsApp on Apple Watch.
You may now respond to WhatsApp messages using your Apple Watch. Furthermore, the watch provides you with three other reply options so you can respond to messages fast. It can be done even without using any words if you’d like.
You can write whatever message you want right onto your Apple Watch’s screen. To respond to a message, choose the “Scribble” menu item. We can now write on the screen by constantly sketching the letters on the area that is faintly dotted.
Emoji responses are the second choice. Emojis are becoming popular more and more every day. In order to respond to the message, you can also use Siri and your voice. To narrate the message you want to send, click the microphone icon.
- With the “What’s Up” app, you can launch WhatsApp right from your wrist. In real-time, it displays the previous 20 chats you had on the messaging app. Thus, this is definitely the choice you were searching for. Especially if you want to strike up a discussion with someone you talk to on a regular basis.
The Apple Watch is the ideal friend, particularly when it comes to handling notifications. Additionally, you have the ability to customize your workouts if you’re an avid sports fan.
How To Set Up Notifications For WhatsApp On Apple Watch?
This is how to set your Apple Watch to get notifications from WhatsApp Messenger.
- On your iPhone, open Settings.
- Go to Notifications.
- Scroll down and select WhatsApp.
Enabling notifications is the first step towards reading and responding to all of your messages on WhatsApp from your Apple Watch. Locate the ‘My Watch’ option in the Watch app on your iPhone to accomplish this. Proceed to ‘Notifications,’ type in ‘WhatsApp,’ then tap ‘Activate.’ You will now receive notifications from WhatsApp on your Apple Watch as well as your iPhone.
Chatify allows you to wear WhatsApp around your wrist. Send and receive WhatsApp messages, see when contacts are writing back, listen to audio messages, view emoticons and stickers, and view chat photos. With Chatify Premium, a $4.99 subscription can unlock more features like quicker download speeds and enhanced search capabilities.
Make sure your Apple Watch is successfully synced with your iPhone. It must be updated to the most recent version before setting up Chatify on your wearable.
Firstly, open WhatsApp on your iPhone and log in.
- On your iPhone, download Chatify for WhatsApp from the App Store.
- Your Apple Watch should launch Chatify. A QR code will be shown to you to scan using WhatsApp.
- Select Settings > WhatsApp Web/Desktop > after opening WhatsApp on your iPhone. Read the QR Code.
- Scan the QR code that appears on your Apple Watch with the camera on your iPhone.
- Your Apple Watch is now displaying WhatsApp messages. Additionally, you can respond right from your wrist.
Get Notifications For WhatsApp On Apple Watch
There isn’t an Apple Watch app, but you may still see the alerts for WhatsApp messages pop up on your watch. You must turn on your iPhone’s notifications in order to accomplish this. Here is how:
- Navigate to Settings, Notifications, and finally WhatsApp.
- You should now confirm that Alerts to your Lock Screen are turned on.
- Then open your iPhone’s Watch app.
- Make sure WhatsApp is turned on by scrolling through the list of Mirror iPhone Alerts and selecting it.
You may view your notifications of WhatsApp on Apple Watch while you’re on the go by following these steps. The message will be visible to you on your watch. The message will be visible to you on your watch. Picture and video messages, on the other hand, will appear blurry. Sadly, you cannot watch them from your Watch without utilizing a third-party app. But there is more information about this below.
How To Reply?
We’ll let you determine whether or not it’s a good thing that you can now read every message in the group chat from your watch. But how do you respond to them? You can respond to the notification on your watch by selecting from a list of pre-suggested phrases. They include “Hello,” “What’s Up?” “OK,” and “On my way.” These are useful options if you’re pressed for time.
If you have a lot to say, you can record a message using the built-in microphone on the watch and send it back immediately. You can also use the keyboard. It is functional despite being somewhat small, particularly if you have a 41mm Apple Watch.
How To Send Messages
It is not possible to send messages directly from your Apple Watch without using a third-party app. While there are a number available, WatchChat2 is currently our favorite. It comes in both a free and paid version, with the $2.99 fee required to access the full features.
You can browse and respond to WhatsApp messages, as well as view images and videos, with this easy-to-use software. It is easy to install and use, just follow these steps:
- Using an iPhone, Navigate to the App Store using the Watch app.
- Look up and get WatchChat2
- Open the app on your Apple Watch after it has been downloaded.
- Go to Settings, the WhatsApp Web, and Scan the QR Code after opening WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- After you scan the code on the Apple Watch, the two should now be linked
Why Is There No WhatsApp On Apple Watch?
It would seem obvious at first that Meta, the company that owns WhatsApp (formerly known as Facebook), would want the most popular messaging app on the most popular timepiece in the world. However, Meta most likely won’t create a WhatsApp app anytime soon for a number of reasons.
First, given that WhatsApp is currently ranked second only to Facebook and YouTube in the world’s most popular social networks. It definitely doesn’t require a wearable app, according to Meta. When Facebook acquired WhatsApp, it was probably thinking about the expense and concluded it wasn’t worth it.
Remember that you must keep this third-party program updated to make sure the functionality is up to standard. Though it may not be ideal it is the best method to reply to messages while on the go. There are no speculations of a WhatsApp Apple Watch app arriving any time soon either.
If you have thoughts to share or questions to ask about WhatsApp on Apple Watch, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Learn More About: